Join for free
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 03:58 PM

Sock Mystery Solved

In Matalan, Fabs goes off to the men's dept - I go to the womens and we meet up when done
He has a pack of socks in the basket I have a couple of items over me arm
No jacket for you ? says I
Well there is just one that may be OK
Try it on then ..........
It looked OK so we bought it

This morning I says, did you put those socks away ?
No - thought you had
No - says I, they weren't in the bag when I unpacked
Checking the receipt they weren't there
I heard Fabs laughing when he said he put the basket down to try the jacket, so the socks are still in it on the Matalan floor
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 04:01 PM

Re: Sock Mystery Solved

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
In Matalan, Fabs goes off to the men's dept - I go to the womens and we meet up when done
He has a pack of socks in the basket I have a couple of items over me arm
No jacket for you ? says I
Well there is just one that may be OK
Try it on then ..........
It looked OK so we bought it

This morning I says, did you put those socks away ?
No - thought you had
No - says I, they weren't in the bag when I unpacked
Checking the receipt they weren't there
I heard Fabs laughing when he said he put the basket down to try the jacket, so the socks are still in it on the Matalan floor
Mmmm not an unusual situation in this house not forgetting the things left on the counter or in a bag on the floor
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 04:03 PM

First time we have forgotten shopping - I guess now, won't be the last
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 04:32 PM

wait till you leave your Bank card in the machine at the check out ,thats what my OH did last year . He didnt notice till the following day ,by which time the account could have been emptied.
By looking at his sales receipts he could see where he last used it ,, he then phoned the super market up and what a relief when they said it had been handed in .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-09-2015, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
wait till you leave your Bank card in the machine at the check out ,thats what my OH did last year . He didnt notice till the following day ,by which time the account could have been emptied.
By looking at his sales receipts he could see where he last used it ,, he then phoned the super market up and what a relief when they said it had been handed in .
Phew - that was a close one
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 05:23 PM

Here you are Patsy, just for you, and me and no doubt quite a few others.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...BfXCMbH4?rel=0
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 05:31 PM

Thanks Clumsy. Another one for you..

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Been there done that

Also put the 'wrong' card in the machine so consequently the pin was wrong too and after a couple of failed attempts at the pin I locked myself out of my account and had to go all the way to my bank to sort it out.

As my son would say I am really not safe to be let out on my own
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-09-2015, 06:34 PM

Thanks Loretta and Solo
Do I feel better - not really

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top