Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 05:07 AM

Happy Friday Everyone.

Teasels by the Water. I spent much of yesterday looking into a proposed holiday to the Harz mountains in Germany for next summer. Has anyone here been there, if so, what did you think to it?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 07:09 AM

Re: Happy Friday Everyone.

Good morning Alan and all who visit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBuiTyIYpA8

Dark, Damp and quite cold this morning, not many of Mother natures creatures have stirred and the Cows are very restless and noisy.

Plans for today as it is Friday is to do a study clean up followed by an inspection of the shed as there are signs of water leakage inside. lunch at home followed by an afternoon of child free ( another post) peace and quiet.

Whitehaven Harbour

We have never been to Germany Alan, not a place we fancy although I put a lot of photo,s of Germany together as a DVD with music for a friends.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryrEPzsx1gQ
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 07:40 AM

Good Morning, Looks like it may be a not bad Day here. Sun is trying to get it's self in Gear.
Going to Gut the Kitchen after I've walked Dageus......Oh Joy.

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...e/sandwoodbay/

Sandwood Bay, West Coast of Scotland.......Hard to get to.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 09:58 AM

Glencoe

Good Morning Everyone Wet and windy now after a wee spell of sunshine! Typical - I changed my hair appointment from Tuesday to today because of the weather and yesterday was quite nice but horrid now! I hate getting my hair done in weather like this, such a waste of money really!! Ach well what can I expect!!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today

Lovely photos folks, never been to Germany, Alan!

Take care
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Good morning all. Bright but clouding over, and cool this morning.
We are about to wash and refill all the bird feeders. Then hubby is going to vaseline the pole, to keep the squirrels off! Really amusing to see them slide down
Can't decide if it is fish and chips or stir fry today
Have a great day everyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 11:26 AM

Good morning fellow members , rather a disappointing cold grey day here.

I have been to do the shopping and am now going to have an early lunch having missed breakfast.

Lots of baking to do, I still have some pansies to plant but may leave them till tomorrow in the hope it will brighten up a bit.

Enjoy your day everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 12:18 PM

Good morning everyone the weather can't make up its mind today, we've had a bit of everything so far. I'm hoping it will brighten up this afternoon as I, too, have some pansies and old fashioned wallflowers to plant.

Went shopping in Sainsbury's earlier and was surprised at how quiet it was in there ...... until I saw a notice up saying they were giving double points this weekend - looks like folk with be stocking up tomorrow and Sunday!

Great photos again today ....... I love that beach in Scotland, Roxy!

Enjoy your day and weekend ahead!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Good afternoon all, a nice day in Dublin so far today. One of the old lads in the local has a birthday today and the wife baked a sponge cake for me to take over to him at lunchtime, don't know what she sees in him he's a cantankerous old git, might just plonk it over his baldy head.
That's a fine looking Stag rosemary.
I won't say anything about the vaselined pole, don't want to get into trouble again.
Take good care Folks.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 01:38 PM

That's stunning photo, JF - would be lovely as a Xmas card!

That stag was quite friendly and ate some of my rolls and meat I had with me that day

I have the heating engineer in at the moment fixing my combi boiler, heard a noise like running water and went in to see what was wrong (the boiler is in the cupboard in the big bedroom which I don't use, just a place to keep my radio controlled planes in) and the poor engineer was standing soaked thru' - he had pulled out a plug to test the water gauge, or something, and the water came scooshing out! It was boiling water at that! Just as well he wasn't scalded though! I hate that combi boiler! I sometimes wish I had kept my old heating system!!

Bang went my hair appointment had to cancel because heating and water not working!! Going on Tuesday instead

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice day today!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 01:50 PM

Brandykins, I can sympathise with you over your heating and water problems cause guess what ......... weve got the same!!!!!!

I woke up this morning and put the water on and the heating electrical programme weve got that controls the boiler (a Honeywell Smart Fit) broke so weve got no hot water!!!! Weve got the heating engineer coming out this afternoon. Couldn't have happened in the Summer could it I hope you manage to get it fixed Brandykins.

Otherwise I had a nice hour's swim this morning and had a complete shower in the disaballed shower room at the pool.

Weve got an emersion, we'll have to use that for the moment.

Have a nice afternoon all of you

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top