Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 01:14 PM

the aftermath of family staying

Pheeewww , I'm exhausted , daughter and 2 grandchildren stayed for two days and just left , I waved a loving happy smile to see them go. I love em all to bits but by golly they wear me out. Don't get me wrong they are well behaved children , I think it's their mum who wears me out. She is messy , brings enough clothes and stuff for weeks , uses my make up and hair stuff , but it gets left lying around . I constantly pick up after her , she tidies up but leaves a mess .

The kitchen table covered In food and drinks when meals finished , food on the floor , crumbs and food dropped around . Believe me I love every moment of it , but I'm now sitting here too exhausted to hoover through or even put the masses of towels into wash .

Now I know exactly how my mum felt when we drove off after visiting her for a few days .

Till the next time when I welcome them here with open arms .......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 01:23 PM

Re: the aftermath of family staying

Aint it the truth
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 01:45 PM

I dont have this problem Susan as my two grown-up sons live with me all the time,(no grand children)and they leave a trail after them lol....only joking really!
Mind you their bedrooms are like chalk and cheese,with one being spotless and everything in its place and the other well you can imagine lol.!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 02:23 PM

I know how you feel Susan. Two weeks of my son and his wife left me shattered. My son is so particular in his own home, he cooks and cleans, mum and the army taught him well, but come to visit mum and it's a complete change round. Cameras, laptops, electrical gear everywhere, clothes and shoes everywhere, his wife was just as bad, his answer to my grumbles about picking up after him "that's what mums are for" !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 02:58 PM

I well know that feeling Susan
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 06:11 PM

I felt the same slightly less than yourself as my family live in France.
I used to visit them regularly in Manchester then they emigrated
due to my sons job. They came in April and I had the same.
I sometimes wish for that mess but can appreciate how hard it is
to clean it up when you are getting older.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 07:08 PM

We are the same here Susan, the two teenage grandsons can be very messy flinging clothes here and there, toothpaste all over the bathroom sink, shoes changed and left where they stood out of them, and what have you, but we know they don't do it intentionally, even though constant reminders go in one ear and out the other, they always seem to be in a hurry to get back out again, I think they are chasing a few girls in the locality, they smell like two roses when they come down from the bathroom, splattered with deodorant. I suppose I was the same meself when I was their age, and they'll be back for a hard years studying at school next week, but we'd sooner be picking up after them than being without them.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 07:16 PM

I have offered to rent a caravan for my son and grandchildren next time they visit.. That way the kids can scream as much as they like and I wont be kept awake!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 07:47 PM

I haven't got any Grandkids, sadly. Oh! wait a mo though, would I really like some & the answer is no.
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 08:24 PM

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels relief when family take their leave susan m. You've made me feel much better.

When my mother and mother in law used to say that they were pleased to see their family but were also pleased to see them go I used to think what a strange thing to say. I know exactly what they meant now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top