Join for free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 01:17 PM

At the hospital this morning

This morning we were at the hospital for Mr Clumsy's pre op tests. Nothing drastic, he has to have an operation on his hand and one on the arm, day job only.

The first thing to be done was the blood test, that was at 8.15 a.m. The system is people going for blood tests queue to get a bar code and then wait to be called, it doesn't take very long.

In the queue were a couple with a toddler, and here I make no apologies for saying they were an Arab couple. Whilst they were waiting in the queue the mother bent down to the child, pulled his trousers down, pulled his nappy out and looked into it. The mother then proceeded to take off the child's dirty nappy and drop it on the floor. Then much to the disbelief of everyone around got a plastic bag for the child to wee into, she then proceeded to take the plastic bag full of wee and drop it into a waste paper bin.

There are 4 toilet blocks on that floor, one of which is a mother and baby toilet block. One of the staff on the desk had obviously seen what was happening and she must have called security because a security man appeared and asked them to step out of the queue so that he could talk to them privately. The woman stayed in the queue and the man went to talk to security. Suddenly there was a lot of shouting from the Arab man, the security man was trying to calm him down but the Arab man wasn't listening, he was too busy shouting and stamping around. At this point Mr Clumsy came out from having his blood test and we left to go to the next appointment, so I don't know what happened after that.

I have to say that I and the other people around were quite disgusted, as I said, there are 4 toilet blocks within a few seconds walk from the queue. Surely the mother could have taken the child to the toilet leaving the father in the queue. Even if the place in the queue was lost it would still only be a minute or so to get her code, like everyone else she they would have been given an appointment time, she would have been only a couple of minutes behind at the most.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 01:19 PM

Re: At the hospital this morning

Mrs. Clumsy;
My disgust is equal to yours...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 01:35 PM

Yuk and in a hospital where we are encouraged to clean our hands before going into departments to stop spread of bacteria.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 01:44 PM

You were lucky clumsy...usually its squat and deliver.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 01:48 PM

Personally I have never seen such disgusting behaviour in a hospital and I don't think anyone else had either. I can't imagine it's the norm in Morocco or anywhere else for that matter, certainly not in a hospital.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

11-03-2016, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
You were lucky clumsy...usually its squat and deliver.
Well having travelled and lived amongst these people solo, I know that they have some strange and unhygienic habits, but this family obviously live in Spain and I am quite sure would have known this was unacceptable. They are very keen on hygiene here and the hospitals are spotless. The way the father was carrying on when the security guard spoke to him you would have thought he was crazy, shouting and stamping up and down. I can't believe anyone would stand in a hospital and let a child wee into a plastic bag and then casually throw it in a waste paper bin, along with the unwrapped dirty nappy. Disgusting people.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Personally I have never seen such disgusting behaviour in a hospital and I don't think anyone else had either. I can't imagine it's the norm in Morocco or anywhere else for that matter, certainly not in a hospital.
Don't you believe it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...spital-5431039
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 02:00 PM

Am shuddering in disgust here! What ignorant people, to think that it's ok and acceptable to do that! I'm glad Security were called.
solo
UK

11-03-2016, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Am shuddering in disgust here! What ignorant people, to think that it's ok and acceptable to do that! I'm glad Security were called.
Trouble is Security have to tread very carefully these days or they get accusations such as Infringement of Human rights etc thrown at them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 02:55 PM

Hope Mr.Clumsy got on alright clumsy.

Almost unbelievable that story, dreadful.
In a way, I suppose you should think yourself lucky though - it could have been her husband needing a pee!
Maybe he'd have looked for a nearby pot plant.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top