Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:18 AM

If I'm rude today sorry

Deep apologies if I'm rude to anyone today I'm a little upset. On the way back from dropping grace off I saw a small boy about 5 or 6 run over, and it really didn't look good for him. It's dreadfully upset me, I can't imagine what his parents are going through.

It's odd it happened in slow motion I was a car behind one that hit him, I saw him get out of his parents car, I saw his friends call to him and thought stay there don't run, found myself braking before he left the pavement but the man ahead didn't look and carried on along the road at a speed. I could see it happening by time I'd come to a stop he was still waving and had only put one foot on the road. By time I was screaming nooooooo he was in motion and moving across the road .........

Ambulance and police were fabulous I couldn't do that job and stay calm like they did.

The man was taken away very upset but how he didn't see the boy I can't work out, by the school I'm always hyper alert looking all ways in case anyone crosses or even falls off the pavement, I've seen it happen so many times.

One lady was saying it's because they did away with our crossing lady which we all protested about but I can't blame councils decision for this one, a crossing person wouldn't have had any effect I don't believe.

Anyway left me shaking and shocked and feeling a bit angry. So if I'm not nice to you any of you I apologise.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:26 AM

Re: If I'm rude today sorry

Julie that is an awful thing to see, hope the lad is going to be ok and yes something like that does leave you sick and shaken.

There was nothing you could have done but that wont stop your thoughts going off at a tangent.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Deep apologies if I'm rude to anyone today I'm a little upset. On the way back from dropping grace off I saw a small boy about 5 or 6 run over, and it really didn't look good for him. It's dreadfully upset me, I can't imagine what his parents are going through.

It's odd it happened in slow motion I was a car behind one that hit him, I saw him get out of his parents car, I saw his friends call to him and thought stay there don't run, found myself braking before he left the pavement but the man ahead didn't look and carried on along the road at a speed. I could see it happening by time I'd come to a stop he was still waving and had only put one foot on the road. By time I was screaming nooooooo he was in motion and moving across the road .........

Ambulance and police were fabulous I couldn't do that job and stay calm like they did.

The man was taken away very upset but how he didn't see the boy I can't work out, by the school I'm always hyper alert looking all ways in case anyone crosses or even falls off the pavement, I've seen it happen so many times.

One lady was saying it's because they did away with our crossing lady which we all protested about but I can't blame councils decision for this one, a crossing person wouldn't have had any effect I don't believe.

Anyway left me shaking and shocked and feeling a bit angry. So if I'm not nice to you any of you I apologise.
And very understandable too Julie.
How awful.
I guess you will have given a statement to the Police?
You are obviously a very sensitive Lady Julie, but please try and not dwell on it.
I hope the child is alright though, but have you heard anything about that?

Best wishes Julie.

Take care.

Kenny
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:30 AM

Tbh I don't think he was alive in the ambulance they suddenly stopped working on him and sat back. I don't think they would have looked so sad as they did it if he had a chance.

The car hit him so hard, I'd be amazed if he did live.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:33 AM

Quite normal and natural to feel shaken about it Julie. You be ratty if it gets it out of your system.

It's one of those ... 'if only, what if and why' happenings of Life that often earn close scrutiny but offer no answers.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Tbh I don't think he was alive in the ambulance they suddenly stopped working on him and sat back. I don't think they would have looked so sad as they did it if he had a chance.

Oh! no Julie.
What you tell us is even more awful than I thought.
Right now I am lost for words, but I will be watching out here for what you and others say as the day goes on.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Oh heck Julie. Not a nice thing for anyone to witness!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:35 AM

That does sound bad ... but you're upset and your imagination might be filling in gaps and visualizing the worst scenario.
Try not to dwell on it too much.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-10-2017, 11:37 AM

I was tempted to turn round and go back and get grace just to hug her, odd feeling, but I've made do with hugging the doggies. Elsie is particularly good at hugs, Betty gets over excited and knocks my glasses off !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

25-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Nothing wrong with wanting a hug at any time.. but especially so when you've just witnessed how fragile and vulnerable people really are.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top