Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:58 PM

Mmmm the sound of motorcycle race pipes

echoing in the distance as they accelerate onto the open roads makes one very jealous.

A true sign of good weather.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 02:03 PM

Re: Mmmm the sound of motorcycle race pipes

Poor Tpin.
Can't you just lie down and go 'Brm brm' every so often and pretend for the time being?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 02:03 PM

Brilliant isnt it
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Can't you just lie down and go 'Brm brm' every so often and pretend for the time being?
The minute I can throw a leg over(a bike)I'm off on a ride.

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Brilliant isnt it
Ohhh yesss......and you have some wonderful roads in your country.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
echoing in the distance as they accelerate onto the open roads makes one very jealous.

A true sign of good weather.
Nothing a bit of cheese wire stretched across the road wouldn't sort out.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 02:09 PM

The short megaphone on my old A65 was the most glorious note, and who can forget the distinctive hollow echo of the Royal Enfield Bullet, you hear one coming from half a mile or more.

A friend of mine has just bought the new Indian Scout which has a short straight through exhaust which has serious decibels but is very coarse with very little melody.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

01-05-2017, 02:11 PM

LD.....I'm shocked by your reply....

You should be saving it for horse riders
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

01-05-2017, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The short megaphone on my old A65 was the most glorious note, and who can forget the distinctive hollow echo of the Royal Enfield Bullet, you hear one coming from half a mile or more.

A friend of mine has just bought the new Indian Scout which has a short straight through exhaust which has serious decibels but is very coarse with very little melody.
Yep, some just sing to a raw backing tune.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
LD.....I'm shocked by your reply....

You should be saving it for horse riders

T

The only sound of race pipes I hear is the guy who regularly rides around our town at three in the morning.

Roaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Pop Pop Pop Pop Rooaaaaaaaarr Pop pop pop pop Roooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaar etc etc.

He rides around two or three times then screams off into the distance and can still be heard several miles away.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 03:00 PM

June 5th is the next 11 city tour when 3,500 bikes will take to the roads in a day of pure 2wheeled joy.

OH has his ticket booked. It might be his last so we are determined to get some good photos.

this is video of them coming into the finish (2015) my son is to be seen at 2.14/2.15 on the green kawasaki ninja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L23cri0rmto

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top