Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 07:17 AM

Saturday a day of rest.

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW3of...eature=related

It has the makings of a beautiful day here with the sun shining and not many dark clouds in the sky, Mother natures creatures singing to help brighten the day.

Yes we are back for the week-end and then on Moday it is back down south,I never knew it could be such a hassle dealing with a Listed Home, the regulations are ludicrous.
Plans for today are to rest by catching up on some garden work lunch at home followed by more gardening, is that resting?

I must try to catch up with what has been going on here as I see a post about fighting!!! what the heck is happening here?

One piece of good news whilst we were away was that our Grand daughter got her B.Sc degree with honours, fairly made my day that, the downside ie that if she can not get what she wants she is going for her Masters, more expense for us.

Have a great day everyone and remember even though it is raining most of the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIDOEsQL7lA
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 08:53 AM

Re: Saturday a day of rest.

Good morning to all from another foggy and dank morning in Sherwood.

Good to see you back AB, hope the problems are lessening for you down south, but if you're up against planning bureaucracy then you are probably in for an uphill struggle...

Plans for us are looking round to replace our car, which developed a strange, expensive sounding vibration on the transmission when we were coming up from Dorset with the caravan the other day... a real pain in the you know what..

Enjoy your day folks...

Barry
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 08:58 AM

Good morning everyone. Congratulations to your granddaughter, Antibrown. No sunshine here.I'm afraid, just more dark clouds and mist - no rain yet, but I'mm sure it won't be long before it starts again. No good news from our house really. We had two deaths in the family this week and heard last night that another relative has gone into hospital and is seriously ill. It's quite sobering really.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 09:32 AM

Good morning fellow members another damp grey day in Worcestershire.
Was up at 5.30 rounding up sheep . Chloe wouldn't stop barking and I got up to see why. She could see the sheep through the front door and fearing for my bedding plants I rushed out and managed to get them all back in the field. Some idiot had failed to shut the farm gate

AB I wondered where you were good to see you back. Congratulations to your Grand Daughter's success , you must be very proud.

Rena I am sorry to hear your news, what a sad time it must be for your family.

Barry at least you got the car home safely, looking at the weather you were wise to come home early.

Have a pleasant day everyone .
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 09:47 AM

Clouds over Glencoe

Good Morning All What a morning it is at that - heavy rain, clammy and not nice outside, the rain is wet

Good to see you back, Bob, and hope you enjoyed your break, your wife as well. Many congrats to your grand-daughter, you both must be well proud of her. Brilliant news!

Lovely photo and love the links (missed them I did).

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 10:40 AM

Good morning all. lovely day so far here today, what a difference a day makes. Sorry to hear you had deaths in the family Rena.
You would think closing the gates would be well drummed into folk by now Meg, but there's always one isn't there. AB nice to have you back all bright eyed and bushy tailed, hope you sorted things OK, great news about the Grand daughter I wish her well.
Have a relaxing weekend Folks and mind how you go.
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 10:46 AM

its horrible here weve had downpours this morning and its very chilly im debating wether to put the heating on!!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 10:50 AM

Good morning everybody. After lots of rain overnight its now dry and sunny! Long may it last

Nothing much planned for today apart from some dog walking and grocery shopping later on this afternoon. Still feeling under the weather with sore throat although the eye's a little better today but still blurry.

Good to see you again AB and congratulations to your granddaughter Sorry to hear your news Rena, good luck with finding a new car Barry, well done for rounding the sheep up Meg at that unearthly hour!

Lovely photo of Glenco Rosemary, here's another one I tood the other night of a shaft of lilght near Skiddaw.

Enjoy the rest of the day folks
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 01:03 PM

Good morning all. We've finally made to the real Summer season. On July 4th, our national holiday, the switch was turned off and no more rain. It happens every year the first week of July. Now it's been in the low 80s F and will reach 90 tomorrow. The rest of the country is being tortured with 100F temperatures and drought.

My health improvement efforts are paying off. My A1C blood test results came back and in just two months I've gone from 10-8 to 9.0, a significant change. I will keep up the fight.

Have a good day folks. I'm looking forward to the London Olympics that are just around the corner. Hopefully the authorities can kill off all the terrorists lining up to raise hell.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 02:33 PM

Hello folks heavy rain during the night and continuing this morning but the clouds appear to be getting lighter now, thank goodness!

AB - good to see you back, congratulations to your granddaughter on her success, you must feel very proud of her.

Barry - good luck with the hunt for a new car...

Rena - I'm so sorry to hear about the sad news in your family at the moment

Meg - well done on the sheep-herding at that unearthly hour!

Marian - I hope you'll feel better very soon...

BobM - How lucky you are to be able to experience Summer weather!!!
Great news that your health improvements are going to plan....well done!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top