Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 04:30 PM

How about men with tattoos?

There is the "Ladies with tattoos" thread but men with tattoos is a whole different subject. It seems more socially acceptable for men to sport ink and in the case of sailors even expected.
I have four tattoos all of them are special to me and I don't regret any of them. I can't say that I've ever had a negative reaction from a member of the contrary gender and it matters not a whit to me what others think of my tats.

Which of you blokes on here have ink?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 04:50 PM

Re: How about men with tattoos?

I think tats are a personal choice - like you said it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks, and, I also think that when referring to anyone else's, we should treat them in the same way as any other (permanent) part of their body (in other words be kind with our words - unless you know the person, and even then it would depend on the type of r/ship you have).

Personally I've always wanted one - but am scared of needles

I like them on other people, how much depends on how much it suits my own tastes of course
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 05:51 PM

I have one ... had it done when i was 15 , out my first ever weeks wages , thought i was a man then ... till i got home to get a clip round the ear of me dad ... i just forget its there now .but like the ladies each to there own .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 06:54 PM

My Laird has one, it's a Celtic Band around his Right Arm, the Art Work is Beautiful. He had it done in his Teens, when he was away at College in Aberdeen.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 07:44 PM

I'm fairly neutral about tattoos on men. Some are better done and more artistic than others. I'm not too keen on the ones which make an aggressive statement, or where they cover the major part of the body and arms, or if they dominate the face and neck.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 07:52 PM

I'm ok about men having tattoos. My only objection is when they have so many they all look jumbled..oh and I don't like them on the neck either.
Especially when they show just above the shirt collar - looks odd with a suit and tie.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 09:36 PM

I don't like tattoos on anyone but each to their own. Its a personal choice.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 10:52 PM

I have 5 tattoos on my arms. I regret ever having them done.They are all faded now after over 50 years and look awful..
No I would never get them done again but if someone wants to get them its a personal choice,
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 09:32 AM

I was a blood donor for 30 years plus and the Blood transfusion service were very strictly anti tattoos to the extent that if you had one done, you could no longer be a blood donor. Due to my own health issues, I was compulsorily 'retired' some years ago, but still am not interested in decorating my skin. I have enough surgical scars as it is.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I don't like tattoos on anyone but each to their own. Its a personal choice.
My view, too, Dog Lover.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top