Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 02:17 AM

Another Friday

I was all gung-ho to go back to work on Wednesday, but my stars, I am so glad it's Friday again.

The last two days have seen severe winds here and I'm sure you've all seen White Raven's topic about the gale forces which have brought havoc to Glasgow.

The winds here on Tuesday and Wedneday nights were ferocious and, quite honestly, it normally rocks me off to sleep, but it was so bad Thursday night that it took me ages to drop off.

Daft thing is, we've had bright blue skies, sunshine and it hasn't been especially cold and believe me, when it's cold, I feel it!

Over the Christmas period whilst I've been off, work has accumulated, as it does, and it has been very full on for me since I went back, so that's why I'm glad it's Friday again.

I won't bore you with what I've had to do, but it's knocked me out.

At least the winds have died down now and all is still, thank goodness. Still, is not necessarily good though.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 02:47 AM

Re: Another Friday

'Morning Mollie

Winds have died down here as well, although it definitely feels cooler.

I did some Spring cleaning (yesterday) and have some more on the agenda for today. Certainly keeps me fit!

Thankfully, we've not had anything like White Raven's pictures of devastation, but there was a library roof, in some part of Wales, (the size of a football pitch, they said) that was flapping about and had to be hammered down!

Stay safe everyone.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 03:05 AM

Good morrow, Carmen. I echo that. Stay safe everyone.

This was meant to go in the Good Morning thread. Please Missus Mod move it. Ta muchly.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 08:24 AM

Good morning Mollie, Carmen and everyone else of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-j1pGx_yqQ

Very Cold ,Dry and no winds to speak of this morning made the walk a pleasent one particulary listening to a couple of Owls talking to each other and the song of a Blackbird welcoming the moring with a Robin throwing his voice into the melee.

Plans for today as it is Epiphany are to take down the Christmas decorations and have a good clean up. A Lunch of Fish and Chips will be had at home followed by a relaxing afternoon if the work is finished.

Rosemary, I do hope that Loki is feeling better.

Eileen the same goes for you you are missed.

It is not nice to know that friends, even cyber ones are ill.

Have a great day everyone and dont be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNcaa...eature=related
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 10:32 AM

Good Morning Mollie and Everyone Back to rain at the moment. Sunshine in the afternoon yesterday, which was lovely to see! The storm damage here is awful! Part of the roof of the gable end of the tenements behind me, came down adding worse damage! I reported the tiles above my living room and told not sure when the roof would be fixed!

Didn't go out with Loki yesterday but, thankfully, she didn't take another fit! Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day and take care.

Many thanks for the links, Bob, good ones!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 11:00 AM

Oh this has been a long week at work, really looking forward to the weekend.
The winds have dropped here without much damage, thank goodness.
woke up to a beautiful day if a little chilly and the forecast for the weekend is good.
Enjoy your weekend all
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 11:50 AM

Good morning all, things must be bad when I'm the first one up. We had a dry night with no wind or rain and it's nice and mild today. Nothing to do today, but I'll think of something around lunchtime.
Take good care or yourselves folks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 12:26 PM

Good morning fellow members

I have been busy since 7am, washing and shopping completed, soup made ready for lunch I can now relax a little and potter

Have a pleasant day everyone...
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 01:04 PM

Good morning everyone.

We had bit of blue sky yesterday, not raining today and winds dropped, gone cold though.
Been out this morning, to do some shopping.

Made appointment at the opticians. Now Christmas is over. I might be able to afford a new pair of glasses.

For all that are not to clever, hope you feel better soon.

Have a nice day everyone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 01:40 PM

Hello to one and all!

It's a much calmer day, dry with glimmers of sun every now and again. I've had the sheets and duvet covers on the line for a few hours now, hopefully the rain will stay off and they will be dry later.

Took all the decorations down this morning, now for the tedious job of packing the all away for another year

Enjoy your day everyone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top