Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Mackerel Monday

Good morning everyone

It has the makings of a lovely day here, dry witha temperature of 8 degrees, on the way back from our walk dawn broke and the sky turned to a Mackerel one and mother natures creatures started to arise and sing their songs to welcome the new day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWWV6DOgJGM

Today we are to venture down to the shops for a quick visit and then on to a walk around Grasmere visiting a local establishment for lunch before we have a relaxing afternoon doing nothing more strenuous than watching the world go by.

Carmen, I used to play golf, thats how I know that I had places that I had forgot about.

Have a great day everyobne and dont forget,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9z63...eature=related
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 10:39 AM

Re: Mackerel Monday

Good Morning Bob and Everyone It may turn out a nice day today as sun is breaking through but still very damp underfoot. The birds are foraging for food outside - blackbirds, crows and magpies!! My two parrots are singing just now to your 2nd link, Bob! I love Dean Martin and haven't heard him in ages - have loads of his records but need to get myself a new record deck (rare things nowadays!). Loved the John Denver as well - another favourite of mine! Many thanks for sharing them.

Hope you and everyone here will enjoy a good day today.

Take care.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 11:33 AM

Wow sunday was such a beautiful day took us by surprise so hot (not kidding here).
Today is not as nice as yesterday but it is dry and pleasant hope this weather continues, loving it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 11:54 AM

Good morning everyone , the weather is a bit of a let down after the sunny warmth of yesterday, back to grey gloom.

Been food shopping and baby sitting to come later so a busy day in store.

Have a happy day whatever you are doing .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Good morning all, a lovely day here today, 15 degrees and no clouds in the sky. I have one more job to complete before I hang up my eyeglass for the festive season (I hope) so the sooner I get to it the better.
Hope you all have a satisfying day folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 01:01 PM

Good morning everyone. I had a fun day yesterday driving around with my friend, Warren. We did strange things like stopping for lunch at Otto's Sausage Shop, a tiny mom & pop butcher shop in Portland. There we enjoyed a couple of grilled wieners with the works. We new they were fresh because we watched them being grilled fresh outside the shop. I also picked up an authentic ring of Liverwurst to take home. Being German myself I love Liverwurst. I've already been snacking on it.

I sold my PC to Waren yesterday so I'm officially just an Apple iMac fan now. He'll be over some time today to fetch it. I certainly don't need two powerful desktops in my tiny apartment. This sale will give me my kitchen table back.

Have a fun day all. The Thanksgiving celebration for me is less than a week away.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 03:41 PM

Good afternoon everyone, very dull and overcast here, a lot cooler than of late with the temperature only reaching 9ºC. Did a bit of shopping this morning but was glad to get back home ..... why do coughing fits catch you out at the most inconvenient times?

Enjoy your day folks
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Hi everyone, late today after doing some odd jobs this morning, but settled down now with the papers and a cuppa. I might light the fire in a minute as it's getting a bit chilly, what a wonderful invention is the modern wood burner....

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day..

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Hi everyone, late today after doing some odd jobs this morning, but settled down now with the papers and a cuppa. I might light the fire in a minute as it's getting a bit chilly, what a wonderful invention is the modern wood burner....

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day..

Barry
Come on Barry own up you overslept
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 05:20 PM

Hi all . Lovely day again, still unseasonably nice for almost mid November. A bit after 11:15 AM and already 16℃ (60℉), may make 21℃ by afternoon. No complaints from me, you all know how I dislike cold weather. Will be the usual quiet day, no errands. Leia's had her grass and is zonked out beside me having a good nap .... she has a hard life.

Bob, I'm 1/4 German on my Mom's side and I too grew up eating and enjoying liverwurst!

Enjoy the day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top