Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 06:06 PM

There is no rest to be had hospital

I am enjoying my own bed and some peace here at home, day and night on a busy ward there is no rest to be had, I am glad I got the operation but another night there I would have cracked, lack of sleep before I went in and the night's I spent there was terrible. My sister came up fron Dublin to cook and look after the house, so that was great and she is off home tomorrow. I will get staples out on Wednesday.Before this had happened I had arrranged to visit Uncle Joe, so he will be cooking for me for a few days middle of next month, so I may starve myself a few days before I arrive.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 07:03 PM

Re: There is no rest to be had hospital

Being in hospital is bad for your health and peace of mind.

I was only in for three days but I don't think I slept at all with old women screaming out for nurses at daft o'clock for no good reason or, worse still, not being able to sleep so they'd have a conversation with the person in the next bed at normal speaking volume. Even the nurses chatted at normal volume as well, but they were brilliant otherwise.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 07:07 PM

It's a fact that you could as easily die of exhaustion as the ailment in hospital, the noise never stops, day or night, and as for those b****y mobile phones.... grrr
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 07:20 PM

When I stopped in to have my shoulder done, the chap next to me was shouting for the nurse every half hour,I never got a wink of sleep, if Icould have moved my shoulder I would have clouted him.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 07:38 PM

The various machines beeping and clucking, the nurses chatting, the discomfort of sleeping with the wrong pillow and the awful hospital gown wrapping itself around you when you turned over, the wires trailing from you to their various outlets... then when you finally managed to drop off out of sheer exhaustion they woke you up to take vitals!!!!!!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 07:50 PM

I was only supposed to be in for a day, but they had an emergency, so I had to stay overnight, then have my operation the next morning. It was an awfull night, I was glad when they put me to sleep for my op.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 08:05 PM

Jean you are home now so I would try to put 'hospital' out of your mind and concentrate on getting well

I am delighted to see you back and I am sure our other members feel the same.. x
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 08:13 PM

I don't know if this was Jean's first time in a hospital ... it was mine. How could anyone forget such a horrible experience? I'm, of course, incredibly glad they operated successfully and I'm alive, well and complaining; but the entire experience was very very bad. Let her vent ... makes me feel a bit better!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 08:50 PM

was in 2 weeks last year with my appendicts,could get no sleep,so i dragged my bed clothes down to the overnight visitors room an slept there,great lol
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 11:38 PM

I'm glad you're home and recovering, Jean ...... I agree with Meg, try to put the hospital out of your mind now.

Unfortunately there will always be noise in hospitals, the nurses have their work to do caring for patients of varying degrees of illness throughout the nights as well as the days..... there is bound to be noise and disturbances. The important thing to remember is that they and the doctors have made you better, so something good can be said for hospitals. My husband was admitted for 10 days earlier this year, he mentioned about how busy the nurses were through the nights, comforting patients and undertaking the various tests.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top