Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 02:37 PM

Lucky Day - easy tenner

I've just been given £10 for answering a few questions about my car, all it took was 5 minutes, must be the easiest £10 I've earned in a long while so got a nice big smile on my face today which makes up a little for cost of getting new tyre yesterday A few months ago I found £5 on the pavement near my house, there was nobody around so I picked it up. I did tell a few neighbours that I'd found it just in case they knew who'd lost it. I always felt guilty keeping it and eventually gave it to a friend who walked the 3 peaks in aid of charity. I also recently found a brand new memory card 16gb in a field Anyhow it got me thinking have you ever found money or anything of value just lying on the ground and what did you do with it?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 02:52 PM

Re: Lucky Day - easy tenner

Well done, Marian!

I've never been lucky enough to find anything lying on the ground ....... I won't give up hope though, maybe one day!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 04:10 PM

When we got married we did not have much money but we did have a great honeymoon in Blackpool. On the Thursday we were very low on funds so we walked along the sand fro the North pier to the south pier and found 7/6(old money) was worth its weight in gold to us.

I have found a solid gold pocket watch which I handed into the police and was later contacted by them giving me £10 which was from the person who owned it but wanted to stay annonymous.

I did lose a roll of money£300 and did not know I had lost it until the bank phoned me to tell me someone had found it under the desk in the bank. Their CCTV was helpful and the reward I gave to the lady who found it was put staight into the 'Help the Hero's collection.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 04:58 PM

The only thing I ever found was half a crown way back in the 50's when I was about 10 years old, it was at the cattle market in Dublin and it was lying beneath my feet, the market was crowed with men buying and selling cattle so I put my right foot over it and stood there for over 2 hours until they dispersed into the nearby pub, it was the hardest half a dollar I ever made.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 09:36 PM

Using public transportation all my life I walk a lot, and have always found things: mostly coins, those quite frequently; bills occasionally (20s,10s, ones); cigarette lighters, rings, single earrings, pens, pencils, paper clips and a lovely real silver money clip which I'm still using! People are very careless!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 09:55 PM

A 'token' which is like an old penny when I was digging the garden. It was in a poor condition so not worth anything.

A wallet near a post box when I lived in Somerset. It was full of notes and had the owners name and address on a couple of items inside. So I took it to the persons house and got a grudging thank you.

I have lost more than I have found watches being my most lost items...
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 10:39 PM

Mags you need to keep your eyes to the ground!!
marpaul
North Cumbria

01-10-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
When we got married we did not have much money but we did have a great honeymoon in Blackpool. On the Thursday we were very low on funds so we walked along the sand fro the North pier to the south pier and found 7/6(old money) was worth its weight in gold to us.

I have found a solid gold pocket watch which I handed into the police and was later contacted by them giving me £10 which was from the person who owned it but wanted to stay annonymous.

I did lose a roll of money£300 and did not know I had lost it until the bank phoned me to tell me someone had found it under the desk in the bank. Their CCTV was helpful and the reward I gave to the lady who found it was put staight into the 'Help the Hero's collection.
Wow you were so lucky to get the £300 back and thank heavens for CCTV and how nice of the person to give you £10 for handing in the gold pocket watch
marpaul
North Cumbria

01-10-2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
A 'token' which is like an old penny when I was digging the garden. It was in a poor condition so not worth anything.

A wallet near a post box when I lived in Somerset. It was full of notes and had the owners name and address on a couple of items inside. So I took it to the persons house and got a grudging thank you.

I have lost more than I have found watches being my most lost items...

Meg, when I was a teenager I remember finding a wallet with some notes in it and a group of girls behind me saw me pick it up and they said they would take it to the police station for me and I handed it to them... bit silly of me as I'm sure they didn't. So how do you manage to lose watches???
marpaul
North Cumbria

01-10-2011, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
The only thing I ever found was half a crown way back in the 50's when I was about 10 years old, it was at the cattle market in Dublin and it was lying beneath my feet, the market was crowed with men buying and selling cattle so I put my right foot over it and stood there for over 2 hours until they dispersed into the nearby pub, it was the hardest half a dollar I ever made.
Well done Jemflux, 2 hours is a long time for a 10 year old to stand still let alone with a foot over a crown. Dublin's a nice place and I was born there in the 50s

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top