Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 12:11 AM

Could you do better

Do you ever wish you could do a particular job better?

I really do I wish I was good at sharpening things - knives, shears, scissors, sacateurs . . . that sort of thing.

I try and try, with all different gadgets, but still seem to make a pig's ear out of it, and it's so frustrating.

What would you like to be better at?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 12:37 AM

Re: Could you do better

A lot of household stuff such as electrics, plumbing and understanding the mechanics of how to fix a car etc. Would have saved a lot of money over the years!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 02:38 AM

Mups, you read my mind. Brilliant thread! I was driving home today and at a stoplight noticed a beautiful and familiar tree and thought, "You are almost 60 years old and still don't know so many things!"

My list is long, but I am not giving up. Consider this my "To do" list:

Be able to diagnose, as in fully understand, mechanical problems with my car

Play the piano better than I do

Sail.

Diagnose and repair electrical problems in the house. I can do basics, but past installing and outlet or a circuit breaker, I am in starting-an-electrical fire territory

Better use all of the woodworking and power tools in my dad's workshop.

Fly and airplane.

Do brain surgery.

Kidding about the surgery, just seeing whether or not you made it through the list .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 05:14 AM

I'm sure you'd make a great brain surgeon Surfermom!

I really wish I had a great singing voice. It must be lovely to sing so beautifully that people around you are transfixed. I don't think any amount of training would help me in that respect.

On a similar note (haha), I wish I had a louder voice. I hate being in noisy restaurants and have to yell to make myself heard. It comes in handy being more softly spoken if you're having a gossip but that's about it.

I've always dreamed of doing the splits in yoga or gymnastics when I was a child etc. but it just isn't going to happen. I've always been very flexible so I could never understand why I could not do this one thing.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 07:25 AM

Wroting un Grama
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 07:27 AM

I wish I new how to do DIY , I can do the basics like painting and decorating , but I don't know how to put shelves up or fix things like a lot of men can , being on my own when things go wrong I have to pay someone to do the job , then I so grateful it's mended .

My dad used to tell me I had lazyitis and I can be lazy so I wish I was more upbeat about doing more , my friend is always out playing tennis , table tennis , swimming golfing , but It just doesn't appeal to me , give me a good book any day .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I wish I new how to do DIY , I can do the basics like painting and decorating , but I don't know how to put shelves up or fix things like a lot of men can , being on my own when things go wrong I have to pay someone to do the job , then I so grateful it's mended .

My dad used to tell me I had lazyitis and I can be lazy so I wish I was more upbeat about doing more , my friend is always out playing tennis , table tennis , swimming golfing , but It just doesn't appeal to me , give me a good book any day .
I can be lazy too. Having done a lot of the things mentioned for years and years, I'm sick of doing it now so I wish I could be more enthusiastic. I still do jobs but not with the same vigour.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 08:25 AM

I wish I I could hang wallpaper, do my own plumbing and electrical, the kind of things where it's so easy to be ripped off.

I would dearly love to sing better than I do, so much so i.m having 12 weeks of singing lessons starting tonight at 7.30pm, can't wait
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 08:35 AM

DIY for me too. We have to pay all sorts of tradesman as hubby is limited in what he is able to do these days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
DIY for me too. We have to pay all sorts of tradesman as hubby is limited in what he is able to do these days.
That must be annoying for him. Although I moan about it, I can't imagine what it's like getting to the stage where I have to pay someone else because I am unable.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top