Join for free
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 02:15 PM

may 3 the intelligent vote

may 3 the intelligent vote 29.04.18

calling all poetry readers
not trying to influence your vote
we are seeing useless parties with corrupt leaders
that's got to be a famous quote.
may 3rd is approaching
along with dishonesty and deceit
your mind is what needs poaching
the polling station is all bitter and not sweet.
been round the houses
researched every single party
red green blue and none are ideal spouses
once elected gone is the smartie.
the gap is getting bigger
wealth power and corruption
we all need to stop pulling the trigger
a no vote is my assumption.
until we see what is reasonable
voting is no sunday roast with bisto
general election or local both are deceivable
readers show disgust and don't vote and copy my manifesto.

i was reading in a paper picked up across london and 2 stories got me thinking. allot of the paper is dedicated to may 3 voting and hidden on page 12 is a peace about emergency food packages handed out. can anyone else see the gap in society is getting bigger and bigger ? i want to change that and i no how important voting is but i am now so desperate i have decided NOT to vote in general or local elections and all other voting as i am so unhappy with what is being offered. i do understand this will upset people and they may say i quote" people have lost there lifes for you to be able to vote" but i really want to show my disgust on what is being offered and as a last result the only way i can think of is to NOT VOTE. are you tempted to do this or is voting the way to change things.
https://ibb.co/ih5LOc
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 02:50 PM

Re: may 3 the intelligent vote

Tempted yes oldfool, but I will need to think some more.
I will be very interested to see your other replies.
We can view together.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 03:04 PM

Only got Labour and Cons here, so no vote from me, unless i spoil the paper.Labour win is guarantee,only pleasure will see drop in votes percentage for the former and a loss of deposit for the Cons
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 08:13 PM

Thats no good old fool,I dont suppose they will notice you havent voted,go and put your x by some obscure party not likely to get in.Make your protest known,If a lot of us vote for a party other than the main biggies they may get the message ' We are fed up'
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Thats no good old fool,I dont suppose they will notice you havent voted,go and put your x by some obscure party not likely to get in.Make your protest known,If a lot of us vote for a party other than the main biggies they may get the message ' We are fed up'
tried all that for 100 of years and don't stand a chance its ble or reds here and everything else is wasted.

no opposition is a no vote so whats the point.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 09:20 PM

It wories me that not voting is counted as the public dont care who is in power. They cannot even bother going out to vote.

Surely its better to vote for someone however I agree entirely that its just not worth voting for the parties we have at present.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 09:33 PM

There must be an empty feeling, for the person who locks up the polling station, then looks up, and is reassured.
oldfool
london

29-04-2018, 10:09 PM

no voting is saying no one is offering something that is making me want to put a tick by name.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by oldfool ->
no voting is saying no one is offering something that is making me want to put a tick by name.
Tics can be awkward.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Tics can be awkward.
You crazy fool, making me laugh. I

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top