Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 08:47 PM

Pharmacists make money off us...

Yes, I found out they do....more than we might think.

I am 75 now.

I'm at the age where doctors have to monitor my health. Once you get past a certain age, you collect doctors like an old dog collects fleas.

But, the pharmacist is also getting into the act. If you have medications from two or more doctors, the pharmacist collects a fee to monitor the medications.

It's to ensure that there is no harmful interactions between the meds, prescribed by all the doctors. So far, it's covered by my health insurance.

Is it this way in the UK?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 08:49 PM

Re: Pharmacists make money off us...

No - drugs and their management are free in the UK with a small prescription charge in England, maybe Wales, too. There are no general fees in the NHS. My pharmacist will dispense and deliver my medication for free. I only went there today to see if I could manage in the snow and because I needed groceries.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:30 AM

Re: Pharmacists make money off us...

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Yes, I found out they do....more than we might think.

I am 75 now.

I'm at the age where doctors have to monitor my health. Once you get past a certain age, you collect doctors like an old dog collects fleas.

But, the pharmacist is also getting into the act. If you have medications from two or more doctors, the pharmacist collects a fee to monitor the medications.

It's to ensure that there is no harmful interactions between the meds, prescribed by all the doctors. So far, it's covered by my health insurance.

Is it this way in the UK?
Here in Wales all prescription meds are free.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top