Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 10:51 AM

You're taken ill whilst out, who would the hospital contact?

I don't always carry a wallet so I don't have ID on me on these occasions, which made me think:

How would the police or hospital contact my next of kin should I be taken ill on one of these occasions?

My phone has a pass code so they wouldn't be able to get any info off that.

So my question:

Do you always carry ID and the contact details of your family or friends?
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 10:55 AM

Re: You're taken ill whilst out, who would the hospital contact?

I always carry my wallet which now has my driving license in it.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 10:56 AM

I have my driving licence in my purse, also my son's business card which has his mobile and landline numbers. I also carry a piece of paper with my medical history, NHS number, doctor's surgery and details of my medication. It is all neatly typed up on an A4 sheet of paper - result of years of being a medical secretary. I got so tired of ringing GP surgeries to obtain prescription details for patients attending clinics.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 10:58 AM

I assume You mean if You are unconscious?...I always have My smartphone on Me when out and about..it doesn't have a pass code..but no I don't have any other ID where My Family could be contacted...food for thought though.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 10:59 AM

My phone has a ICE (in case of emergency) number.. No lock.

I always have ID on me anyway its the law here.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:01 AM

I have my driving licence in my wallet which has my address. not that hard to find out who else lives there
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:02 AM

If it happened whilst l was out shopping, they could get my name (only) from my bank cards. I usually use old envelopes that have my name and address on for shopping lists.
If l was driving, my name and address from my registration plate
None of these would take them to my next of kin, so l'd just have to wait until someone realised l was missing and claimed me!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:02 AM

I always have my driving licence and SIP car (Spanish health card) with me. Like Cass, we must always have some form of ID with us.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:05 AM

I carry a hospital letter with my condition on.The Hospital has my next of kin , when i go on holiday my coach company always ask who is my next of kin , so i think im covered .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:06 AM

Tpin I wear a Medical Bracelet at all times engraved with the name of the medication I take and my name which is not very common and that should make tracing my family quite easy.

You could wear a silicone ban with just your ID engraved on it http://www.theidbandco.com/Rubber-Medical-Bracelets

People can also register with Medicalalert and pay a small each year if they want additional peace of mind...

https://www.medicalert.org.uk/about-us/about-us

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top