Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 01:42 PM

Why Do Some People Have To Take Pics Or Film Everything?

Watching the news today which naturally, is about the recent events in Manchester and the upgraded security level 'Critical'. I noticed at each location where there is an outside reporter, there are people in the background with their mobile phones either taking pics or filming what's going on.
Why do people need to do this? What is this obsession with taking pics or filming everything?
I don't understand, do you?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 01:48 PM

Re: Why Do Some People Have To Take Pics Or Film Everything?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Watching the news today which naturally, is about the recent events in Manchester and the upgraded security level 'Critical'. I noticed at each location where there is an outside reporter, there are people in the background with their mobile phones either taking pics or filming what's going on.
Why do people need to do this? What is this obsession with taking pics or filming everything?
I don't understand, do you?
No I don't either. It is in the poorest possible taste to take photos of that sort of incident.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 02:51 PM

No don't understand it either. The same as I would not hang around at these locations anyway.

What you have to remember though is peoples lives revolve around face book and all these other sites where they can load the video and tell people what they had been doing that day.

Strange.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 03:51 PM

They must be very sad people with pathetic little lives.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
No don't understand it either. The same as I would not hang around at these locations anyway.

What you have to remember though is peoples lives revolve around face book and all these other sites where they can load the video and tell people what they had been doing that day.

Strange.
I think you've hit the nail on the head! Personally I think it's a strange compulsion to video/photograph to prove they were there at the time. Sympathy votes, perhaps? Point scoring? Trying to impress their peers?

Who knows.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 04:00 PM

Because they can. As Shirley said, it's the thing now. If it moves or is stationary, take a picture and save it for prosperity and 'Facebook', 'Twitter', and send it to all your friends.
I take photos, but with a 'real' camera. That is because I still have in my blood the photo journalist that I was once. (Freelance mostly).
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 04:17 PM

It's proof they were there and in some weird way it makes them feel important. I do think however, that sometimes photographic or video evidences provided by the public can be useful to the police.
There's also the slim chance that someone involved may return to the scene of the crime and could be picked out, or someone with similar intentions, of interest to police, might post something that flags them up on the radar.
You never know how these people are being observed.
I suppose I'm just hoping it's not all ghoulish behaviour
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 04:20 PM

Could also be freelance reporters for smaller newspapers or local social media perhaps.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
They must be very sad people with pathetic little lives.
Or perhaps they might be more of the 'mentally challenged' sussing out the place for their next atrocity!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 06:23 PM

if they were taking a video and an event happened then the police might want it to help with enquiries. Not afterwards seeing people in distress, that is well out of order in my book

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top