Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 07:56 AM

The Brits abroad.

Hi

We really do not cover ourselves in glory from time to time do we?

http://news.sky.com/story/brits-face...laims-10921834

The British Compensation Culture is one thing we really do not need to be exporting.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 09:48 AM

Re: The Brits abroad.

I'm in touch with a Spanish solicitor at the moment and during one of our conversations this topic came up.

Spanish Hotels are feeling this really badly at the moment and some have actually withdrawn their services from the British holiday market.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:40 AM

This was in the news here some months ago, it really is disgraceful. The lengths some people will go to in an attempt to gain money is often amazing. A couple of years ago one British couple claimed they had been robbed on the beach of three thousands pounds and eight thousand pounds worth of jewellery. Neither the police or their insurance company believed them. I wouldn't have believed them either.

The compensation cult is very much out of hand and greedy lawyers are only too happy to go along with it.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 04:07 PM

Disgusting, they should be given a travel ban and forced to holiday in Blackpool or Southend instead..
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:49 PM

Fred to waitress-`two teas please luv`

It arrives.

Mabel to Fred-Why did we come to France?-They cannot make a decent cuppa.

Fred to Mabel-I blame this E you thing.

And so they made a claim
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 07:29 PM

Some people don't care how much shame they bring on their country. Things must be really dreadful if the Spanish are threatening to ban All Inclusive holidays for Brits. The spivs that are visiting guests and persuading them to put in claims for food poisoning, should be rooted out and prosecuted.
Also, it makes it very bad for the one or two genuine claimants who have actually suffered food poisoning at bad hotels in Spain.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Some people don't care how much shame they bring on their country. Things must be really dreadful if the Spanish are threatening to ban All Inclusive holidays for Brits. The spivs that are visiting guests and persuading them to put in claims for food poisoning, should be rooted out and prosecuted.
Also, it makes it very bad for the one or two genuine claimants who have actually suffered food poisoning at bad hotels in Spain.
Never been to Spain-the ? mark was upside down-what`s that all about? Allora
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 07:59 PM

Okay OG, you got me, I don't know what on earth you are on about.
enlighten this old fart please,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Some people don't care how much shame they bring on their country.
But this is 2017 not 1917 thanks to the media and the cult of 'celebrities behaving badly' no one gives a dam now. The idea of not bringing shame on your country went out decades ago.

Apart from the case highlighted here there is also the sex and alcohol night spots in Benidorm (or somewhere around there) and the stag and hen parties to Prague and other East European cities.

The joke is these muppets think they are buying cheap beer but I can tell you it's a fact that in Prague they usually pay double the local rate (sometime treble) and every year there is usually one or two Brits that fall in the river and drown. The local papers have stopped reporting on those now

When I lived in Eastern Europe I never told anyone I was English, sometimes they guessed but I never volunteered the information
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
But this is 2017 not 1917 thanks to the media and the cult of 'celebrities behaving badly' no one gives a dam now. The idea of not bringing shame on your country went out decades ago.

Apart from the case highlighted here there is also the sex and alcohol night spots in Benidorm (or somewhere around there) and the stag and hen parties to Prague and other East European cities.

The joke is these muppets think they are buying cheap beer but I can tell you it's a fact that in Prague they usually pay double the local rate (sometime treble) and every year there is usually one or two Brits that fall in the river and drown. The local papers have stopped reporting on those now

When I lived in Eastern Europe I never told anyone I was English, sometimes they guessed but I never volunteered the information

Hi

I find it somewhat difficult to disguise a broad Yorkshire accent wherever I go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top