Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 08:20 PM

Swings and Roundabouts

How stupid & annoying. My energy company have written to tell me that I have used less electricity last year and am in credit ,so they have refunded £147 into my bank, but at the same time they estimate that my usage will go up this year so they are increasing my monthly DD payments by £ 8
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 08:32 PM

Re: Swings and Roundabouts

crazy !!! But at least your refund is safely in your bank account and hopefully you'll get an even bigger amount next year.

Of course you can ring them to negotiate an amended D/D .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 08:48 PM

Hi

Energy costs are rising simply because the £ buys less, such is life.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 09:01 PM

Deylon, I gave 'em what-for last year because I had loads of credit, yet they wanted to put my direct debit up. I wasn't going to have that.
I did my sums first, then after a lengthy phone call asking them to explain why they wanted more, when I didn't owe them a penny and had loads of credit in both gas and electric accounts, she finally agreed it didn't make sense and immediately reduced my D/D to what I suggested.
So don't put up with it if you're not happy, your money is important to you but it is only a tiny drop in the ocean to them - I'm afraid we are just a number to them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 09:09 PM

This is precisely why I won't allow my energy provider to do DDs. I read my own meter, enter it online and then pay the requested amount. Simple.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
This is precisely why I won't allow my energy provider to do DDs. I read my own meter, enter it online and then pay the requested amount. Simple.
That's what I do too - once they get you on the DD system it's difficult to get out of.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Deylon, I gave 'em what-for last year because I had loads of credit, yet they wanted to put my direct debit up. I wasn't going to have that.
I did my sums first, then after a lengthy phone call asking them to explain why they wanted more, when I didn't owe them a penny and had loads of credit in both gas and electric accounts, she finally agreed it didn't make sense and immediately reduced my D/D to what I suggested.
So don't put up with it if you're not happy, your money is important to you but it is only a tiny drop in the ocean to them - I'm afraid we are just a number to them.
I did exactly the same Mups, they expect people to just sit back and not bother, or question them...I didn't, ...mind you the £600+ bill for one months worth of energy did grab my attention 'oops', she said, ' that does seem a bit high'
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 09:44 PM

The only utility I can't read is the water, and I Often have to negotiate with them to adjust the monthly charge. I flatly refuse to allow edf to do DDs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 01:14 AM

Jazzi, I never pay an estimated bill.
I read my gas, electric and water meters and will only pay for what I use.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's what I do too - once they get you on the DD system it's difficult to get out of.
Me too! I do not allow anyone access to my bank account.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top