Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:19 PM

Could You Wear Dead People's Clothes?

My brother in law is executor to his late aunt's will and is clearing her house out, so as to sell it.
He keeps bringing me her unworn, brand new shoes. They are OK for wearing around the house but they do make me feel a bit eerie!
Today, he brought me some nighties and dressing gowns that are brand new and still have the labels on... but somehow l don't think l could bring myself to wear them!
How are you about wearing deceased people's clothing? I'd imagine much of the stuff in charity shops once belonged to the deceased?!!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:20 PM

Re: Could You Wear Dead People's Clothes?

I'm already wearing a half dead persons clothes!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:31 PM

That's not straight forward to me Art.
Yes, I expect the Charity shops have a lot of deceased people's clothing, but not always. I send things to charity shops to - and I'm still here! Sometimes people just have a clear out.

If you were given clothing from somebody you knew for sure had passed, I think it would depend on who the person was.
If it was from somebody you loved or were very fond of, it might be a great comfort to some people.

I would have kept something of my Mum's but we were different sizes, which was a bit sad.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:35 PM

Not a problem for me, all immediate family expired a wile ago, so, with he exception of a suitcase, there is nothing left to adorn.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not a problem for me, all immediate family expired a wile ago, so, with he exception of a suitcase, there is nothing left to adorn.

Good grief Spitty, you can't go out dressed like that, you wouldn't evenbe able to fasten it up!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:40 PM

It's worse that that, I don't know the code to open it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-08-2016, 11:40 PM

Not that I would want to.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I'm already wearing a half dead persons clothes!
Sorry .. that creased me up.

Right .. serious and sombre head back on.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's not straight forward to me Art.
Yes, I expect the Charity shops have a lot of deceased people's clothing, but not always. I send things to charity shops to - and I'm still here! Sometimes people just have a clear out.

If you were given clothing from somebody you knew for sure had passed, I think it would depend on who the person was.
If it was from somebody you loved or were very fond of, it might be a great comfort to some people.

I would have kept something of my Mum's but we were different sizes, which was a bit sad.
Mups, Thinking about it, I did wear my mother's knickers after she died. They were new but strangely enough, it gave me comfort.
Reading that back, it sounds a bit pervy!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-08-2016, 11:43 PM

Grief is a funny thing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top