Join for free
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 03:58 PM

Can Someone Help? please..

I have a 40in Toshiba TV, and have just bought a Freeview Record Box, I set it up and there were 2 choices, normal screen or wide screen. I chose normal but the picture doesn't fill the screen it's a square in the middle with several blank inches at either side. I chose this setting as I thought the wide screen would have a blank space top and bottom of the screen.
Does anyone have any idea how to get the picture to fill the screen?
I'm not very good at this sort of stuff.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 04:13 PM

Re: Can Someone Help? please..

Check your TV's remote, there's usually a button where you can scroll through the screen size options. On mine for example there is full, panoramic, widescreen, normal and automatic. If left on automatic the screen will adjust itself depending on the input of the TV show you're watching.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 04:31 PM

Got it. Phew, Thanks Judd.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Got it. Phew, Thanks Judd.
Now that is what I call device.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I have a 40in Toshiba TV, and have just bought a Freeview Record Box, I set it up and there were 2 choices, normal screen or wide screen. I chose normal
Surely the TV you bought was a wide creen TV????

Why then would you select "normal screen" on the freeview box?

Surely you want both TV and freeview box in widescreen.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top