Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 10:41 PM

Holby City

Watched this at my friend's house tonight and found it very strange.

The last time I saw it - admittedly a long time ago - Rick and his daughter had just killed someone and were on the run - now he is back - how did that happen?

Also - Henson had left for pastures new - now he is also back.

Jaq Naylor was trying to be a part time mother and exhibiting all the emotions of a curb stone. Did something happen to the child? Like a good fairy giving it to someone with feelings perhaps?

I used to like that programme when it was still about hospitals and patients - now it is just Corrie with trolleys.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:55 AM

Re: Holby City

I haven't watched it in years still watch casualty but that's more through habit than enjoyment I think.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:17 AM

I used to enjoy Holby when it first started - who could forget Mr Meyer? He was a brilliant character.
However - some time after he left the story lines became boring and I stopped watching it.

I believe it's improved a lot again - my daughter in law loves it ... However, once I give up on something I can't get back into it.

Casualty also isn't as good as it used to be.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:48 PM

I still watch them both. I loved Anton Mayer and Nick Jordan. 'Walk with me!'

Missed the first half of Holby yesterday, watching Emmerdale, but will catch up. I don't see why we need Eastenders rejects, and yet another gay character!!

Jac Naylor is a scream, and I also like Hanssen.

Have watched both Casualty and Holby right from their beginnings, and even got into Holby Blue, a spin off from HC, about the police. Long may both shows continue, to entertain me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:17 PM

That's what I love about tv something for everyone , glad you still enjoy them jazzi.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:50 PM

You know I watched a few minutes of it yesterday? and I was thinking were you in Taggart? were you in The Royal? and then there was a very attractive doctor whom I think was in something.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:15 PM

So ... how did Ric make a come back? Why were he and his ditzy daughter not arrested ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top