Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 09:39 AM

Togetherness.

I know we have a lot of single independent members on this forum so sorry this will not interest you.

To the ones who have/had a spouse/partner I'm wondering if you were/are together 24 hours a day or do you have your separate interests?

I have a friend who goes everywhere - does everything with her husband. Me on the other hand - I like a bit of independence and up until my recent accident I did my own thing at least three days a week - walking - exercise class - meeting friends for lunch etc. As soon as my fracture is mended I shall be off again.

My husband has early stage Alzheimers so I know I won't be able to suit myself when he gets worse but in the meantime I'm making the most of it.

I just wondered how other couples go on.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 09:44 AM

Re: Togetherness.

We do everything together and so does my hubby's Mum and Dad..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 09:58 AM

We now do almost everything together and never get bored with each other's company. Rarely do we argue.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 10:33 AM

I go out to work three day a week and hubby works 4 nights but other than that we are always together.

We enjoy our mini breaks as well as our holidays together planning them and deciding what we will do whilst there, subject to change.

We do the gardening, he cooks tea on the days that I work and I cook tea on the others. That does not stop us from disagreeing about things, I have not learnt yet to agree and never will I.

I get up early in the morning so he stays in bed for a bit to give me some peace and quiet as we call it.

Suits us.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:26 AM

Carol, even though some of us are now single, we have tasted 'Togetherness'!
I was with my ex partner for ten years. I was 53, he was 44. We were inseparable, always holding hands and absolutely devoted to each other. He owned the company so I went to work with him and did some admin work.
He retired at 50 and we were permanently together. It was just us two in a bubble of togetherness. He would do anything for me and l could have whatever l wished for! When he was away, l would stay in what seemed like my ivory tower waiting for him for him to come back.
It was a wonderful ten years and l didn't feel suffocated at all! These days l prefer my freedom and as much as l love men's company the last thing l want, is one living with me!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:27 AM

My Mum & Dad did everything together, one barely moved without the other. One struggled to cope without the other.

I personally can't imagine it, I suppose it's because it has never been that way for me. I think I might be a bit wary of losing my independence, or not being about to function and think for myself if I got too reliant on a partner for my every need, or vice versa.

It must be lovely to have a close, endearing relationship, but I don't know if I might find it a bit claustrophobic if I had to become a clone of my spouse.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:31 AM

We work around family and dogs so can't be together all the time during the week but at weekends we are rather together than apart it makes me think if we didn't work we would rarely be apart.

Personally I married a man I wanted to be with and still want his company after all these years.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Carol, even though some of us are now single, we have tasted 'Togetherness'!
Originally Posted by carol ->
To the ones who have/had a spouse/partner I'm wondering if you were/are together 24 hours a day or do you have your separate interests?
I know that Art ... That's why I used past as well as present tense.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I know that Art ... That's why I used past as well as present tense.
Carol, l was going off your first line which was.....

Quote.....I know we have a lot of single independent members on this forum so sorry this will not interest you.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 12:33 PM

We did everything together, but now my husband is no longer here I feel so alone.

So if you have a partner, do things separately some of the time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top