Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 10:02 PM

The Pill. It Changed The World For Women..Didn't It?

Reading May's post in the thread, 'What Age Did You Leave Home' reminded me that if the Pill had been available then, May and many young girl's lives would have been so different.
Fifty six years years on, after the Pill was introduced in 1960, it changed the world for women...Didn't it?
What are your views on the Pill? Or, is it a dangerous drug to take in more ways than one?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 10:07 PM

Re: The Pill. It Changed The World For Women..Didn't It?

As a mere male my view is that the pill is a good thing. It gave freedom to recreational sex without the consequences. Good for women and good for men.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 10:10 PM

Aye .You're right Kid..I had 3 Children by the age of 22...and I disobeyed the Priests by going to My doc' and asking for the pill,which He was more than happy to give me...saved My Life Methinks...but I did get a helluva beating from My ex husband when I told him.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 10:12 PM

I think the Pill probably contributed to a surge of STD's for a while.
Young people only thought about it as a means of contraception and sexual freedom, which invited other consequences.
This, combined with the 'swinging 60's', and a whole new explosion of pop music, drugs, and promiscuity ran rampant for a good while.

If I think back, I believe I took it for a relatively short while, but I was married then, had one child, and didn't want to fall for another one straightaway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
As a mere male my view is that the pill is a good thing. It gave freedom to recreational sex without the consequences. Good for women and good for men.

Ah, but that's exactly what I was meant about 'consequences' Alan. I think youngsters thought the Pill was a 'free for all with no consequences' remedy, but I don't agree as you will see why in my post above.
Pregnancy isn't the ONLY consequence of sex with many partners.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 10:17 PM

Oh gawd...bullshit Mups...have You read My post?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Aye .You're right Kid..I had 3 Children by the age of 22...and I disobeyed the Priests by going to My doc' and asking for the pill,which He was more than happy to give me...saved My Life Methinks...but I did get a helluva beating from My ex husband when I told him.
Oh May, That hit me like a ton of bricks. That was awful for you.....
Being a Catholic, I can understand how it must've been.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, but that's exactly what I was meant about 'consequences' Alan. I think youngsters thought the Pill was a 'free for all with no consequences' remedy, but I don't agree as you will see why in my post above.
Pregnancy isn't the ONLY consequence of sex with many partners.
Good point Mups. So we can say that it had both positive and negative consequences.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-03-2016, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Good point Mups. So we can say that it had both positive and negative consequences.

I think so, yes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-03-2016, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh gawd...bullshit Mups...have You read My post?

Yes I have, May. But I don't see what it has to do with STD's and promiscuity.
I'm sorry you had a husband like that though.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top