Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 08:04 PM

Government Meddling

Will this Government ever stop meddling? They upset the transport members ,they upset the junior Drs, and have managed to upset the Consultants also,now they want Firemen to become Ambulance driver/ paramedics,because Ambulance drivers are not ' meeting their target. Dont they realise its impossible to put a time on certain services.? traffic for example. Passing a patient into the care of A&E staff, I have twice been taken to Hospital by Ambulance when both times the Ambulance crew had to stay with me for over half an hour , running over their finishing time, because A&E couldnt find anywhere to put me, there were Ambulances and patients waiting in front of us and more behind us ,waiting to be seen to.
On one occasion I had a fall and knocked myself out,the Paramedic had to stay with me over an hour in my home because there was no Ambulance available to come for me
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 08:30 PM

Re: Government Meddling

A lot of European countries have the fire/paramedic thing, makes sense really. What do the firemen do when there are no fires? Could be saving lives but in a different setting.
It would ease the pressure on the ambulance services.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 08:34 PM

Re: Government Meddling

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
A lot of European countries have the fire/paramedic thing, makes sense really. What do the firemen do when there are no fires? Could be saving lives but in a different setting.
It would ease the pressure on the ambulance services.
Our community fire fighters are trained first responders.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top