Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 11:18 AM

Do You Refuse To Be A 'Plate Licker'?

Does it offend you if you only get an invite to the evening 'do' of a wedding? Some people term it as, 'The Licking Of The Plates'!
There are some that if they're not invited to the whole wedding day, they refuse the evening invite!!
What are your views on this?
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 11:24 AM

Re: Do You Refuse To Be A 'Plate Licker'?

I do my best to avoid weddings. Just a pity i never avoided my own ☺
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 11:39 AM

I'll go to a wedding to partake of the food etc. but never go to the evening 'do'....hate 'em !...far too noisy and full of drunks and half-drunks
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 11:42 AM

Im not a great lover of weddings births /christenings/or funerals...hence I had both my weddings in registry offices..
I usually make my excuses if I get a wedding invite...no thanks to "plate licking" lol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 11:48 AM

'Plate Licker'
I have never heard that term Art .

I avoid weddings if at all possible and those I am invited to are close family so I have never been invited to separate 'doos', I get to endure the whole lot

I do hate the evening part, loud dreadful music and being unable to hold a conversation is not my sort of thing.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 11:50 AM

Same here Meg
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:01 PM

Never get invited to weddings these days. My kids all have 'partners' and my only grandchild doesn't seem interested in settling down with his girlfriend.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:02 PM

I think evening do's only came in around the 60's and, before that, people waved the couple off to their honeymoon in daylight hours. The evening party was just a continuation of the celebration and now they even have themed weddings.
In my opinion weddings are becoming a way to spend money that the couple could make far better use of and I would therefore prefer that the evening expense was used to give the couple a better start in life together.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:07 PM

I have never been invited for just the evening. I have seen it though-it`s when rich daddy invites all his chums around to show off.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:08 PM

I always make it known that once people start talking about weddings, christenings etc that thank you but no thanks.

Stopped going a lot of years ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top