Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 11:35 AM

The Key to the City

I was watching the news yesterday and this ceremony was taking place. It so seems that the Mayor of our City found it fitting to award a person the keys to our city. So, this person walks up on stage and after a few words, the Mayor hands over a very large key.

This is something I never quite understood in our day in age. I mean, in the middle ages cities for protection were surrounded by a great wall. There was only one main gate, so if you were a special person and you had the key to that gate or city, you could come and go as
you pleased.

So today in our world the honor of having a key to the city what does thay imply ? Does that key open a special room filled with beautiful women ? Or maybe being that you are so important now that key gives you access to a public bathroom no other person can enter ?

I guess these are questions that will remain open to the know nothing. Because if you are of the elite and are granted such a key, you will know what lies hidden behind that special door.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 11:46 AM

Re: The Key to the City

No hidden doors...Today’s gesture of presenting keys is similar in sentiment if not function. And if you look at the list of recipients it is sometimes, not surprisingly, just a PR stunt.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
No hidden doors...Today’s gesture of presenting keys is similar in sentiment if not function. And if you look at the list of recipients it is sometimes, not surprisingly, just a PR stunt.
Well, if thats the case, those that receive the key need to be made aware of that fact, because more than likely they will be trying every keyhole in the city
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 01:50 PM

Well in our City it entitles you to graze your cattle on the Town Moor.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

21-12-2015, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Well in our City it entitles you to graze your cattle on the Town Moor.
Sounds like a great place ! No cattle here where I live. Only tall buildings and lots of expensive cars on the road.

By the way, a thought just came to mind. Is your place like Sherwood Forest ? And would I run into Robin Hood and his Merry Men at the local Pub ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 01:58 PM

Its a load of cobblers like most awards ................
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Sounds like a great place ! No cattle here where I live. Only tall buildings and lots of expensive cars on the road.

By the way, a thought just came to mind. Is your place like Sherwood Forest ? And would I run into Robin Hood and his Merry Men at the local Pub ?
Nah soft southerners they wear tights you know,mind you he didnt like the Normans so he was not all that bad.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

21-12-2015, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Its a load of cobblers like most awards ................
Indeed, I agree. Its all about framing a key, putting up on the wall, knowing that it only opens up a door in your mind to a fantasy that entitles you to greatness
eyes_of_a_painter
n

21-12-2015, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Nah soft southerners they wear tights you know,mind you he didnt like the Normans so he was not all that bad.
Tights indeed ! Not only that, but a feather in his cap. Can't go walking around like that these days. One would get no respect.

Side note... Errol Flynn played the role of Robin Hood very good !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Tights indeed ! Not only that, but a feather in his cap. Can't go walking around like that these days. One would get no respect.

Side note... Errol Flynn played the role of Robin Hood very good !

You're right ! Best Robin Hood ever

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top