Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 11:49 PM

A new law

If you could make just ONE new law, what do you think it might be?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 04:55 AM

Re: A new law

That people in public office who break the law should lose their jobs. I'm particularly thinking of MPs and Lords of the land.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 05:07 AM

Hi
No one is allowed to become an MP unless they have spent one year on Minimum Wage on a Zero Hours Contract whilst living in rented accommodation without any other form of income other than Benefits.

Then we would see some changes.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 07:10 AM

Swimfeeders..oh how I wish that would become a reality ...sadly it will never be. That would be a perfect law in my book too!
MPs have no concept of how an awful lot of people are struggling in the country today.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 07:49 AM

Pass a new law that people are kinder to each other .
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 07:54 AM

I think there is a flaw in that logic as anyone with the 'get up and go' and committment to campaign and become an MP, would also find a way to get employment and a house.

My law - no more development on green belt land until every last inch of 'brown field' sites and renovation of existing buildings had been used up.
I would also outlaw the use of gardens as building sites.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
No one is allowed to become an MP unless they have spent one year on Minimum Wage on a Zero Hours Contract whilst living in rented accommodation without any other form of income other than Benefits.

I would welcome that one another is all secondary school children before leaving education should spend a day as a disabled person, either blind, deaf or in a wheel chair. It may make future generations act more kindly to people.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I would welcome that one another is all secondary school children before leaving education should spend a day as a disabled person, either blind, deaf or in a wheel chair. It may make future generations act more kindly to people.
Pass a law that people who think they are hard up spend a year being hard up.
The endless griping on these threads from people who think they are hard up , yet do not know what hard up is, has become a mental illness.

Also a new law for free sex for the over sixty-fives on prescription.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nice One
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 02:02 PM

My new law would be that everyone convicted of a crime, whether prince or pauper, actually serves the time - all of it !!
No time off for good behaviour, that's expected, but an increase in their sentence for bad behaviour!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top