Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 04:37 PM

Energy Suppliers

Who do you have for energy suppliers. My son has looked up some and Im thinking of Ovo or EDF , both with good reports recommended on Martin Lewis compare site
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 05:05 PM

Re: Energy Suppliers

British Gas for both Electric and Gas, we like their customer service and they have a decent scheme for keeping our boiler safe too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 06:21 PM

Hi Yvonne I have been with OVO for a few years now with no complaints.
They suit me, I can select the option to send in my own meter readings monthly and I pay a set amount by DD throughout the year building up a surplus credit to carry me through the winter on which they pay me 3% interest .
If the surplus gets too big I can ask for a refund which is sent to me promptly.

I do check with Which Switch independent comparison site each year to see if there is a better deal before signing up for another year..

http://switch.which.co.uk/
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Yvonne I have been with OVO for a few years now with no complaints.
They suit me, I can select the option to send in my own meter readings monthly and I pay a set amount by DD throughout the year building up a surplus credit to carry me through the winter on which they pay me 3% interest .
If the surplus gets too big I can ask for a refund which is sent to me promptly.

I do check with Which Switch independent comparison site each year to see if there is a better deal before signing up for another year..

http://switch.which.co.uk/
Its very much the same with British gas, I have both gas and electric like Julie, they work out what I use over the year then I pay a direct debit, if it builds up way past what you need, they let you know and put it back in your bank account, been with them for years.
"Which" survey said you need to swap every year to make it pay. I am happy where I am.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 07:50 PM

Hi Marj, Ive been with B.G for many years ,paying by monthly DD, although Im often in credit at the end of the year they never pay it back into my bank , its credited to my next bill,and my monthly payments reduced
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Hi Marj, Ive been with B.G for many years ,paying by monthly DD, although Im often in credit at the end of the year they never pay it back into my bank , its credited to my next bill,and my monthly payments reduced
Well they definitely pay me back, at first I used to contact them and say I'm happy to let it mount up then I dont have to worry in winter, but was told "its the law" we have to pay it back into your account when a certain amount is reached.
They do it every January, I dont always get anything back but I have in the past.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Well they definitely pay me back, at first I used to contact them and say I'm happy to let it mount up then I dont have to worry in winter, but was told "its the law" we have to pay it back into your account when a certain amount is reached.
They do it every January, I dont always get anything back but I have in the past.

That is true Marj. I thought they used to refund when it got to over £100, but a little while back, I queried why they had returned just £23 to me and was told they have to return it now, we don't even have to ask.
Marj
England

27-07-2015, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is true Marj. I thought they used to refund when it got to over £100, but a little while back, I queried why they had returned just £23 to me and was told they have to return it now, we don't even have to ask.
Yes Mumps, they do return any monies over and above now.
It annoys me because I think when I see a good sum mounting up that will come in for the cold winter months and I can have the heating on longer.

Then there upping and downing my direct debit ! but these days I go in online and put the direct debit to what I know will be sufficient Grrrrrrr

So happy to read your post saying the same as me

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top