Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 09:29 AM

Do you take notice

When your out and about and bump into nieghbours, friends and just people in ramdon , when talking do you take on board everything they say , or does lot of things that is said go in one ear and out the other , even though what is beening said might be trival to you but serious to them
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 09:51 AM

Re: Do you take notice

Personally I tend to listen to what is being said to me. I may refer back to it during the conversation. I would not like to be in the position where the person Who was chatting to me remarked about it again, and I could not recall what had been said. After leaving them I just press my minds delete button and remember what stood out if anything.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 10:51 AM

My biggest weakness is that I'm not very observant with my eyes or my ears so things that are said to me generally go in one ear and out the other.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 10:54 AM

If I thought someone was telling me something that was bothering or worrying them, then I'd listen. Sometimes it's good to let people talk.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 11:15 AM

Im often on the receiving end of conversations when im out and about, usually when im doing a bird survey at one of my sites. People see the scope and stop and ask what im watching, this usually leads to interesting exchanges.

As observation plays a large part in my hobbies,, i do listen to whats being said and i observe the body language along with it.

Many older people i find are just glad of a chance to talk with another person, so i always take time to respond, it could be me one day.

Trying to see beyond the words spoken to the reason behind them is something i feel has come with age and experience, i find some empathy with people who have similar problems to myself. Understanding i wished i had when i was younger.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 11:44 AM

just find my attention span limited, though I do try to be attentive and observant. Finding my short term memory is coming up with C- minus a lot more than it used to do these days.
Not really such a bad problem since I isolate myself an awful lot and rarely have conversations with anyone.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 12:54 PM

Yes I always listen ............till I've had me fill
Depends on the conversation too .........
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
just find my attention span limited, though I do try to be attentive and observant. Finding my short term memory is coming up with C- minus a lot more than it used to do these days.
Not really such a bad problem since I isolate myself an awful lot and rarely have conversations with anyone.
I too have a very limited attention span, I've found since my mum passed away my brain doesn't want to take in stuff that doesn't matter.

I lack concentration which is the main reason why I switch off unless it's something important and necessary to remember
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
My biggest weakness is that I'm not very observant with my eyes or my ears so things that are said to me generally go in one ear and out the other.
That's why folk liked chatting to Vincent van Gogh things went in one ear and stayed there.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
That's why folk liked chatting to Vincent van Gogh things went in one ear and stayed there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top