Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 03:12 AM

Retail Stores That Ready For The Next Season

How soon do retail stores in Britain start setting up for whatever the next season is?

Over here in Walmart they begin putting Fall outfits out in August & back to school items in July!! I don't remember my mom buying me pens, paper, notebooks etc for school 2 weeks after I began my summer holidays.

In one dollar store I was in a week ago they already had a whole aisle of Halloween stuff out! Can you believe it? Halloween isn't until October 31st. I guess people just can't wait to buy that Village Idiot costume before the mad rush!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 07:18 AM

Re: Retail Stores That Ready For The Next Season

Halloween stuff is already out in the Range and Asda (Walmart) here as well, Autumn. The Range even has Christmas stuff in the Craft section.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 07:49 AM

I went in a store a couple of weeks ago to buy a swimsuit and when I commented on their lack of choice I was told it was because 'Winter stuff is coming in now'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I went in a store a couple of weeks ago to buy a swimsuit and when I commented on their lack of choice I was told it was because 'Winter stuff is coming in now'
Yep - you gotta make yer mind up quick
What annoys me is in January, I want more winter woollies and they have started on the summer stuff - bizarre .....
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Looking for a swimsuit too Carol for a November holiday and having problem finding a bikini. Have enough full costumes and trying to find a bikini with high legs which also fit on the waist. Those which fit on the hips are no good for me due to my stomach they roll down. Not a pretty sight LOL
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 11:59 AM

Yes it seems it gets sooner with each year.

Pretty soon stores will just leave everything out for a free for all. Just have areas for each season or major holiday!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Yes it seems it gets sooner with each year.

Pretty soon stores will just leave everything out for a free for all. Just have areas for each season or major holiday!
We already have them we call them charity shops.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

09-08-2014, 12:37 PM

Ohhhhh yeeeaaahhhhh
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 02:15 PM

I noticed Autumn clothing coming into a shop I visited this week
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by venus ->
Looking for a swimsuit too Carol for a November holiday and having problem finding a bikini. Have enough full costumes and trying to find a bikini with high legs which also fit on the waist. Those which fit on the hips are no good for me due to my stomach they roll down. Not a pretty sight LOL
Good luck with your search venus. I know what a problem it is getting something that fits well. If you went to a sports shop they'd only have professional style swimming costumes.

Maybe you might be better getting one from your holiday resort.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top