Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 12:17 PM

Press perpetuating racial tension

I have been reading about the poor girl who was murdered whilst sitting in a park..
My heart goes out to her family..but..there is absolutely no evidence that the attack was religiously motivated...so why are they inflaming Muslims and indeed several Islamists on Twitter have called for revenge killings..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lim-robes.html

Lots of people are attacked by nutters..(who don't wear Hijabs etc..)

Why is it when the victim is a Muslim...it is racially/religiously motivated?.

Here is another example..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...uslim-boy.html

Why was the word ''Muslim'' included in the headlines??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 12:46 PM

Re: Press perpetuating racial tension

The press have a 'lot' to answer for - absolutely thoughtless !
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 12:56 PM

It makes me angry..every week here..someone's child goes home in a body bag after being stabbed in a nightclub..pub..etc..

If they were white..you may get a small mention in the local rag..If they were black..and attacked by whites..it is ''racially motivated''..if they were attacked by other black people..not a mention!!

What is wrong with them??...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 01:12 PM

In my experience they don't yell Muslim in cases like this without good reason. It came after another attack I believe on another Muslim lady on the same day, by the same person to me that says the likelihood it is just a coincidence is quite low.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 01:21 PM

I just wish the press wouldn't 'yell' at all Julie - the way articles are written, really can stir up trouble, seen this many times - almost written by 'yobs'
lilac
West yorks uk

21-06-2014, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
In my experience they don't yell Muslim in cases like this without good reason. It came after another attack I believe on another Muslim lady on the same day, by the same person to me that says the likelihood it is just a coincidence is quite low.
If you continued reading the Daily Mail link, you would see that a white man was stabbed 100 times in the same park in March..so it isn't a question of ethnicity..

It is a question of a seriously disturbed person being on the loose..

So why bring religion into it?..

Wrong place..wrong time..springs to mind..
lilac
West yorks uk

21-06-2014, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I just wish the press wouldn't 'yell' at all Julie - the way articles are written, really can stir up trouble, seen this many times - almost written by 'yobs'
Yes..there have already been posts on twitter..calling for ''revenge killings''

Which the police are investigating..

Just be careful when you go out...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
If you continued reading the Daily Mail link, you would see that a white man was stabbed 100 times in the same park in March..so it isn't a question of ethnicity..

It is a question of a seriously disturbed person being on the loose..

So why bring religion into it?..

Wrong place..wrong time..springs to mind..
I was getting my news from the radio I tend to believe them slightly more than the mail when Muslims are mentioned.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 02:10 PM

Reminds me of this:

Black people reported of "Looting" food, while white people reported as "Finding" food in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/van-jo...wh_b_6614.html
lilac
West yorks uk

21-06-2014, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was getting my news from the radio I tend to believe them slightly more than the mail when Muslims are mentioned.
That is your perogative...

Apparently there is absolutely no evidence that this poor woman was murdered because she was wearing Muslim clothing..sure shakes up the fundamentalists though..

And their first cry is ''Kill''

That is the viper we are clutching to our breasts..

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top