Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 03:15 PM

Want To Avoid Murder?

Then get married - that's the latest hypothesis for monogomy.

'Murder is the main reason why humans and other primates mate for life, according to scientists.

Infanticide was the key driving force that caused us to evolve into a monogamous species, it is claimed.

Murder is the main reason why humans and other primates mate for life, according to scientists.

Infanticide was the key driving force that caused us to evolve into a monogamous species, it is claimed.
'

Do you think that sounds plausible?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/murder-link...0.html#b1lzSuL
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 03:20 PM

Re: Want To Avoid Murder?

LOL! Who pays these people ?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 03:23 PM

Well, given that it doesn't seem to take much to get funding, think of something Tabby and you may get a grant to 'research' it
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Then get married - that's the latest hypothesis for monogomy.

'Murder is the main reason why humans and other primates mate for life, according to scientists.

'

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/murder-link...0.html#b1lzSuL
Makes sense to me. Any female on their own is fair game for all sorts of nasties, including their kids I suppose. Law of the jungle and all that.

What they perhaps mean is 'all consuming love', though in this day and age it leads to it's own set of impractical problems, causing breakups - go figure .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 05:29 PM

In some species a male will kill the offspring of another male then mate with the mother. His whole purpose in life is to fill the earth with his own children as it were. So a monogamous man will not have that aim in life.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 10:14 AM

I find this strange, being married made me want to commit murder! Both times!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 12:41 PM

Must say I find this interesting, my niece is a single parent and is extremely careful who she invites in to meet her daughter. I have always wondered if she is too careful but this makes me think she probably is right to feel so cautious.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 10:02 AM

It's frequently in the newspapers about a step father/mother or "the mother's boyfriend" harming the existing small children isn't it. Just heard of the heartbreaking case of that little boy last night who was beaten and locked in his room for 2 days to die, but the mother herself was involved with that as well.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 10:08 AM

How anyone can treat another human being, particularly a child, like this I cannot comprehend. I do hope that they get a lengthy sentence.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's frequently in the newspapers about a step father/mother or "the mother's boyfriend" harming the existing small children isn't it. Just heard of the heartbreaking case of that little boy last night who was beaten and locked in his room for 2 days to die, but the mother herself was involved with that as well.

Jean darlin' - they will have a really miserable time in prison - however long that may be as other prisoners do not 'like' child murderers. I hope they get 'banged up' for the rest of their miserable lives!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top