Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 04:58 AM

Happy Bank Holiday Folk.

IMG][/URL][/IMG][IMG]
[/IMG] A German "Oompah" band taken in Bavaria in Germany. I gave in to temptation yesterday and planted all my containers with bedding plants. Fingers crossed we don't get any late frosts.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 08:16 AM

Re: Happy Bank Holiday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all to come in yet. Hope everyone has a nice day. Bank holiday Monday for the UK. I could never understand why our May Day has to be celebrated on the 1st Monday in May and not on the 1st May like everyone else. Oh I think I just answered myself. We don't like being like everyone else
Have a great day all and take care.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 08:21 AM

Good morning all, looks like being a fabulous day weatherwise, so we are having friends over for a picnic type lunch with chicken drumsticks, poached salmon, quiche, salad and crusty bread with a bottle of cold wine and a few beers....

Fingers crossed for your plants Alan, I know how tempting it is...

Have a smashing day folks,

Barry
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 08:40 AM

Good morning all. Hope you all enjoy the Bank Holiday. I'm off to work to watch others enjoy it through my window!
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 08:47 AM

Good Morning all, a bright start with light cloud, hidden the sun for a while.

I suppose we use a monday to celebrate mayday, so it can be attached to a weekend. But there are people who have to work regardless.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 09:14 AM

Good morning everyone, Alan you'll have to keep some fleece handy. I have a long tunnel cloche I put over my two long troughs of a night time. better to be safe than sorry as there are a lot of fuchias in there. Have a good day everyone.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Good morning Alan and all to come in yet. Hope everyone has a nice day. Bank holiday Monday for the UK. I could never understand why our May Day has to be celebrated on the 1st Monday in May and not on the 1st May like everyone else. Oh I think I just answered myself. We don't like being like everyone else
Have a great day all and take care.

Sandy darlin' - when the 'extra' bank holiday was being discussed in Government the CBI (Confederation of British Industries) and the IOD (Institute of Directors) objected to having a rotating holiday and wanted it 'fixed' - hence instead of May 1st, it is now 1st Monday in May.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 09:39 AM

Good morning fellow members on this perfect spring day

The washing has almost dried already, next job is to iron it and to make a cake for the twins who are comping to tea tomorrow when I have Hannah.

The weeks are flying by, scary to think we are less than 2 months from the longest day .

Enjoy your day everyone...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 09:40 AM

Good morning everyone. Enjoy your Bank Holiday whatever you are doing. We were going to go to the Bakewell Show with the children/grand children, but we have been so many times ov er the years and it's going to be so busy - Bank Holiday,Market day and Show day + it's sunny and warm - so we will give the Bakewell town a miss today and let them go on their own. Think we will find somewhere quieter.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 10:20 AM

Good morning everyone looks to be a gorgeous day!

I'm hoping to be able to hobble out into the garden to enjoy some sunshine today after being confined indoors over the weekend with back problems. Oh how I wish I could get some plants in

Enjoy your day folks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top