Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 02:40 PM

Men !

I've just spent quite some time filling in an application form for a new passport for my OH. Why can't he fill his own form in, or any other form for that matter? He gets a form of any kind and it's "I can't do it, you'll have to"...........it makes me so MAD, goodness knows what he'd do if I wasn't here.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 02:46 PM

Re: Men !

I'm sitting here searching online for jobs for my OH. Will print out and give to him to read, he'll decide what to apply for, I'll update his resume and submit his applications. I guess I'd rather be involved as it keeps him focused.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I've just spent quite some time filling in an application form for a new passport for my OH. Why can't he fill his own form in, or any other form for that matter? He gets a form of any kind and it's "I can't do it, you'll have to"...........it makes me so MAD, goodness knows what he'd do if I wasn't here.
..lazyness maybe or the principle of..
if-you-can-get-someone-to-do-it-for-you-why-bother-doing it-yourself
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 03:05 PM

Perhaps you could ask him to make your lunch or do some gardening for you while you fill in the form!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 04:36 PM

I think that it's a compliment to the women, asking them to fill in important forms and such, shows how much faith and trust we have in you all. My wife is a dab hand at form filling, she does all my stuff and has often saved me a few quid on the income tax forms, long may she continue to fill out.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
it makes me so MAD, goodness knows what he'd do if I wasn't here.
Probably do it himself I should think....
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 07:58 PM

I have to fill in all the forms as well. I have control of all the money as well All the pensions go into a joint account & I draw out what we need for the week & give OH some pocket money- He prefers it like that So If we need anything if I say no we dont get it
If anybody phones up about anything that involves money he says to them "Ill put my financial adviser on!" so I have to tell them to b****r off
Heaven help him if I pop off before him
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 10:17 PM

I refuse to do Joe's washing now as he has to learn to look after himself and he does it all right< well the washing machine does, but he hangs it out himself and when dry brings it in folded, now yer man wasnt in the army so we have a long way to go yet.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I refuse to do Joe's washing now as he has to learn to look after himself and he does it all right< well the washing machine does, but he hangs it out himself and when dry brings it in folded, now yer man wasnt in the army so we have a long way to go yet.
Not half as long as I have to go Annie.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 03:43 AM

It's the fault of the wimmin of our era, bringing up their young boys and their mam doing everything for 'em, whilst they expect the girl children to be capable. Men have always been useless in the home, unless they're trained from early on!

I married a soldier who could cook, wash, iron, sew and do everything else and took care of the finances etc and I didn't have a worry in the world but, when my partner moved in with me, he hadn't a bleeding clue, so I set him to do tasks and taught him how to use the washing machine etc. I wasn't going to work full time, only to come home and do for him as well, so I got him a-mopping, a-polishing etc which, quite honestly, he didn't like, because his ex-missus did all for him, as did his mam before her. Spoilt rotten he was, as most boys are!

I've never been a kept woman so I never saw why he should be a kept man. Ya only reaps what ya sews!

Luckily, our mam brought myself and my two brothers up to be totally independant.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top