Join for free
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 08:18 PM

Faux Pas

One big one today, but I got out of it at the last minute, but we have had a laugh about it since.
Being married for 53 years I have never forgotten her birthday, no I didn't forget today, only on Thursday I bought a nice card, and when I went to write it I was horrified to see I had bought an anniversary card by mistake.
I grabbed my coat and ran up the road as fast as my old legs would take me to our Tesco store which opens early, of all cards they had, they had ran out of were cards with wife on. More palpitations and off I ran to the newsagent round the corner, thank my lucky stars he had 3 left, so very little choice because they were all the same.
Panic over and it has caused a laugh all day.
It got me to thinking that there are a lot of men round here who have a last minute panic.
Have you ever boobed like this?
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 08:38 PM

Re: Faux Pas

I have never done that, but I'll never forget one year I thought I'd excelled myself.

I bought a lovely card, lots of presents, banners and balloons and invited some friends round for a surprise party.

It was only after she got over the shock of us all shouting "SURPRISE!" that she told us her birthday was NEXT MONDAY.

Major fail.

I don't know to this day if the friends knew about it and were just letting me make a fool of myself or if they didn't know either.

We can still laugh about it today though.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 10:02 PM

My ex once gave me a birthday card that read "Happy Birthday to My Aunt". He just shrugged it off. My current partner has not acknowledged my birthday once in the 6 years we've been together even though it's only 9 days after his and I always get him a gift and a cake.

So, in my opinion, you are both dears.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 10:28 PM

Talking of cards being for the wrong occasion, on our 40th wedding anniversary in 2009 we got some lovely cards, "Happy Anniversary", "Many More Happy Years" etc., but I opened one up and it said "With Sympathy" and was addressed to my wife only.

I got her back though because when it was her 40th birthday (the woman who sent the card) I sent her one that said "Happy 100th" and inside said "You Don't Look a Day over 50".

Am I mean?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Talking of cards being for the wrong occasion, on our 40th wedding anniversary in 2009 we got some lovely cards, "Happy Anniversary", "Many More Happy Years" etc., but I opened one up and it said "With Sympathy" and was addressed to my wife only.

I got her back though because when it was her 40th birthday (the woman who sent the card) I sent her one that said "Happy 100th" and inside said "You Don't Look a Day over 50".

Am I mean?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 08:46 PM

I'm glad it all worked in the long run Arthur, pardon the pun.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

08-10-2012, 09:01 PM

Congratulations on managing to run too, the most I can manage these days is a speed walk, and after 10 seconds of that I'm doubled over fighting for breath.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top