Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 12:08 AM

Have You Ever Signed A Petition?

I think, l have only ever signed three petitions.

One was a petition in the 1970’s that people should only have two children! Hypocrite me, went on to have five children!

The second one, was to stop a gypsy camp being built in the village where l lived. That was successful.

The last, was about plans to build on the Green Belt locally, that also, was successful

I have never ‘signed’ an online petition.

Can you remember how many petitions you have signed? Were they successful or were you disappointed at the outcome?
Do you regret your decision for signing any?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 06:45 AM

Re: Have You Ever Signed A Petition?

I know I have signed petitions Arty but I can't have been very passionate about the causes because I can't for the life of me remember what they were about
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I know I have signed petitions Arty but I can't have been very passionate about the causes because I can't for the life of me remember what they were about
I am the same Summer, but it isn't lack of passion that makes you forget, it is the poor memory that comes with age!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am the same Summer, but it isn't lack of passion that makes you forget, it is the poor memory that comes with age!
Are you calling me old missus ? Ah well it can't be denied tis true
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 07:06 AM

I have signed only one petition and that was to stop manufacturers testing things on animals.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 07:48 AM

Plenty to do with the Environment, Health, or Welfare issues, most reach their target, but afterwards disappear into political fog.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 07:52 AM

I signed a petition on Saturday in the Medical Centres Pharmacy. It was to try and stop the withdrawal of bus services in the community.

I also have signed petitions on here about animal cruelty and Avaaz send me emails asking if I will sign petitions.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 07:56 AM

My daughter recently organised an online petition about plans to build a massive housing development on her local Green Belt land. The petition is closed now with almost three thousand signatures. I really hope it's successful.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:02 AM

Yes have signed petitions, a few times for slowing down the traffic outside our house to 30 mph, when they do 60 mph.

It didn't change a thing though.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:35 AM

Ive just had an pretty horrific email from Avaaz about a petition against the export of live animals for slaughter. Ive signed it but its so horrific that I wouldnt want to send it round my family to sign as it would upset them as it probably would on here.
Then again should we all hide from things that are going on that are unpleasant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top