Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 01:02 PM

Such tiny print.

Do others find the tiny print on packages and bottles hard to read?

Even with my reading glasses on I find some of the print on food items and medicines so difficult to read, especially when it is written on top of red background which is often the case.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 01:05 PM

Re: Such tiny print.

Yes I do and often have to get out a magnifying glass.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
Do others find the tiny print on packages and bottles hard to read?

Even with my reading glasses on I find some of the print on food items and medicines so difficult to read, especially when it is written on top of red background which is often the case.

You're not alone maursey.

What bugs me most though, is instructions on lids, plastic jugs, garden sprays etc, that are white (or whatever else colour), on a white background.
What maggot in their brain makes them put words or markings on something in the same colour as the background??? Idiots. Grrr.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 01:31 PM

I have problems too. I just can't believe I used to read stuff like that easily with my naked eye.
I'm convinced the print is smaller..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 01:37 PM

The worst of it is use before dates especially on tablets ............
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
The worst of it is use before dates especially on tablets ............

That's a perfect example of what I meant Patsy. They usually put some kind of white indentation on a white background. It's so stupid.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 04:42 PM

As I get older print gets smaller and paler. I'm convinced there's a conspiracy against me.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 05:45 PM

I struggle too, and agree about getting out a mag glass.

The conspiracy is against me too, Alan!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 08:46 PM

I'm pretty fortunate as, being short-sighted, I just take my varifocals off and I can read small print easily. One of the few perks, I guess!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 09:02 PM

I was saying this today, maursey, since recently being diagnosed coeliac I am doing plenty of label reading

Also why do they print in such a way that you have to read around a bottle involving a lot of twisting and twirling!! Simpler to read print going down the label, surely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top