Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 01:00 PM

The Power of complaint!!!

Over the past few weeks the Gas Board have been replacing some of the pipe lines with plastic piping. This has meant road closures on some roads. On Monday evening I went out to dinner and used the bus to travel to my destination. On return however, the Gas board had managed to close the road outside my place (which is a bus route) and all the buses were now being diverted a long way away from my place. This necessitated a long walk up a steep hill which was excruciatingly painful and on arrival at home again required a strong dose of Oromorph (liquid Morphine).

These roadworks are to continue for the next 2 - 3 weeks, effectively trapping me in my home, because whilst the buses can travel into town from my place, they are being diverted on return journeys.

I have, this morning complained to the local Council, who have spoken to the main contractor and promised that as and when I do need to go out, they will pay for a taxi fare to bring me home again, travelling a different route to avoid these road works.

So it does pay to complain!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 01:35 PM

Re: The Power of complaint!!!

Well done to the Council and the Contractor for sorting this out for you so quickly Uncle Joe ....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 03:37 PM

Good for you joe, as you point out it pays to speak up for yourself, not only are you being facilitated but you have made the Council aware there may be similar cases now and in any future disruptions they have planned, good work me ole son!.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 03:57 PM

Well I never! I can't see our council doing that so very well done indeed Joe. Sorry you had to go through all that on Monday though.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 04:20 PM

Will that cab be there Joe, when you tip out of the Nightclub, say about 4am?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 04:26 PM

John matey, not much point in me going to night-club anymore as I can't drink that much - it interferes with the Warfarin that's been prescribed for me.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 05:03 PM

No Uncle Joe.... but you could boogie on down a little. Annie.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

24-11-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
No Uncle Joe.... but you could boogie on down a little. Annie.
Can't do that either Annie darlin' - my hips won't permit that and am even now awaiting a 2nd replacement (revision) of one hip joint.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 05:41 PM

That's good news Uncle Joe, now you need to test it out!!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 08:13 PM

Sorry Uncle Joe wasnt being unkind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top