Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 08:30 PM

More advice re Medic alert Pleeeze

As said before I want to get a Medical alert bracelet/ pendant. It seems I am going to have to get one from the internet.
Do any of you have one and can advise the best? Is it better to have bracelet or pendant?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 08:59 PM

Re: More advice re Medic alert Pleeeze

I wear an SOS bracelet that can easily be removed if required

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/sos-bracelet
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 12:41 AM

I got one for my Mum from AgeUK. She had a wristband one at first, but kept dunking it in the washing up bowl! In the end I asked for a neck pendant one for her.
I can't remember how much it was now, but it'll probably be on their website if you have a look deylon. I believe she paid quarterly for it.

I had to test it once a month for her to make sure the batteries were still in good order. I just pressed the alarm and someone rings back straightaway to see if you are alright. If no one answers their call, they phone the next of kin (or anyone else you appoint), and if they can't find anyone to respond, they then call an ambulance.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 07:52 AM

I wear colourful silicon bands, wrist bands, cheap cheerful and don't mind getting wet. Most visible thing I could find too as I worried people might miss something too subtle. When your life depends on the person seeing it instantly why take a chance I thought.

Less than a fiver you can colour coordinate too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 01:09 PM

Do they alert someone if you are alone and can't reach the phone though?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 01:31 PM

No sorry different thing mine are Allergy alert let people see I need my epipens no technology at all.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 08:21 PM

That sounds interesting Julie Do you write your details in yourself ? Also where do you get yours from ?
Mups the type you are thinking of is a pendant around your neck 24/7,if you are ill.had a fall you just press it, someone will phone to see if you are OK ,if you dont answer they will contact one of the people you nominated ,with a key ,to come to you and see if you are alright. I have friends with these ,they are marvelous.
The type I want [ & Julie is talking about ] is a wrist band / locket with details of the medication you take and/ or if you are allergic to something i.e penicillen
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-12-2015, 10:00 PM

I got mine from Amazon I believe they can write what you want but I just have allergies alert, epipens to use as I have so many allergies now I would need a twice round the waist and 4 foot to spare silicon band 😩

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top