Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:14 AM

car annual service

Just booked in my Nissan X-trial Tekna (top of range £32,000+)
we bought new for its second service. Cheeky bloke on service where we got it from said they don't do delivery/collection this far from the Garage. Strange I said you did it on the last service and we bought the car from you.

"Oh, in that case yes we will do delivery/collection to you" he said
Sounds as if they give a different booking service quality depending if you got a car from them or not
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:22 AM

Re: car annual service

So they will change the oil, kick the tyres and charge you £200
There is nothing to 'service' in modern cars anymore !
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:45 AM

They are all the same, I get a courtesy car when mine is serviced only because I purchased it from them. If you have not bought your car there, you get hundreds of out of date used car magazines, a hard seat and access to a 20p per cup salmonella drinks machine.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 01:51 PM

You'd think the salmonella would come free wouldn't you ... it seems everyone's out to make a fast buck these days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
So they will change the oil, kick the tyres and charge you £200
There is nothing to 'service' in modern cars anymore !
Totally agree with you there. I never have my cars serviced unless it's a free one. £120+ to change the oil and pump the tyres up.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Totally agree with you there. I never have my cars serviced unless it's a free one. £120+ to change the oil and pump the tyres up.
Cheep skate.
The last service on my last car was £512-00

I admit to a mild Sean Connery when I got the bill
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Cheep skate.
The last service on my last car was £512-00

I admit to a mild Sean Connery when I got the bill
Yeah, I was basing it on the cheaper end but I think mine would be around £250. I have found over the years that if I never get the car serviced, the money I lose when part-exchanging is still less than what I would have spent on a service. It's all about the piece of paper.

Most of the items on a modern service are things we should be doing anyway - topping up the washer bottle, checking tyre pressures etc. As far as I can see, the oil change is the only thing requiring any real work.

It's not like 'the old days' - points, plugs, condenser etc.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 02:30 PM

I had to have it done........the car had been nothing but trouble since I got it.
£60k worth of absolute sh 1 t.

I didn't pay that much for it.
I bought it at 6 or 8 months old as a repo.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 04:29 PM

Had my car serviced a couple of weeks ago, all paid in advance ( service plan), it automatically renews my breakdown cover ( ford assist) which includes a courtesy car, there's not much to service on a modern car nowadays, oil, air filters, oil itself, of course, check brake's, plug into obd port to check for fault codes , main dealers are expensive but you can go to independent garages and have your car serviced by them, as long as you use manufacturer approved parts, ( due to block exemption rules brought in by the EU, although that will be interesting in the future, when you can only go to your main dealer and they can charge even more), Also if you've had your car regularly serviced/maintained at the dealer, the manufacturer will ( hopefully) act more favourably should you have problems when your car is out of warranty.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 04:29 PM

My Ford was bought new via an internet broker and supplied by a Ford dealership on the other side of the country, thus saving me thousands of pounds. A recent service at a local dealership cost £200 and included collection and return, interior/exterior valet and full UK/Europe breakdown and recovery cover.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top