Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 06:55 PM

Committees?

Do you belong to any Committees?

If so, do you find them positive and creative, with good input. That brings satisfying results.

Or, plain frustrating!!!

Rainbow
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Re: Committees?

Yes! I have my own committee of one!
The input varies but results are usually positive & creative.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 07:38 PM

They say that a camel is a just a horse designed by a committee.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 07:48 PM

dragon and plantman, could not agree with you both more with your theory of Committees!

(I have been on one or two and drove me nuts)!!!

No more, never again!!!

Rainbow
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 07:53 PM

Was there ever a bigger contradition in terms than "organising committee"? I have belonged to two committees over the years and they both drove me bonkers. Being my own boss at work and making dozens of decisions every day, the frustration of having to deal with procrastination on an epic scale drove me to distraction. Never again, you really couldn`t pay me enough!
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 07:59 PM

love that committee of one-lol
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 10:04 PM

I've never had the opportunity to be on one.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 10:12 PM

I have been on one or two committes in my time and found that most of the people on them are full of their own importance hence me not staying on them long.

The worst IMO was the one for the Deaf, all they were concerned with was how much expenses they could claim. When I motioned to have all committee members do so at their own expense you could have heard a pin drop.
I did three years ( my longest stay on any)on that committee and never claimed a penny.
I have always said that if you volunteer for committees then you do so freely.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 10:13 PM

Never been on any Committee since I finished working at the Council. Had enough of them there........
Rainbow
Surrey UK

17-01-2011, 10:33 PM

Also noticed that while everything was running smoothly (or at least reasonably smoothly) everyone was fine and dandy. However, when something unpleasant occurred, and the Committee needed to be 'hands on' and deal with it - Well, what a pile of wet lettuces!!!

Rainbow

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top