Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 11:09 PM

How Much Can A Person Take?

I'm so upset.........today is the 39th birthday of my first born. My child was everything to me..........such a wonderful, loving and seriously beautiful child. People stopped in the street and commented on how stunning my child was.

Everything came to an end four years ago, when our relationship fell apart. I won't go into details, but I've recently found that my child has multiple scleroris.......and we are still estranged. How very sad.

By talking to others, I find it's so very common for parents and their children to be estranged............... Anyone else have that problem. Has anyone found a solution............or a reconciliatory agency who can patch things up between child and parent?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 11:20 PM

Re: How Much Can A Person Take?

Oh Lindy, that is so sad.
I guess it does happen in families sometimes, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

I don't know your lad, or the circumstances you fell apart, so it is difficult to try and help you build bridges.

Do you feel you could perhaps take a simple forward and send him a nice "Son" Christmas card and maybe pop a little note inside. Think carefully what to say, and just fold it up and put inside the card.

If he replies, it's a start.
If he doesn't, maybe you might have to accept his decision.

At least you'll know you have tried.

Good luck. x
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 11:27 PM

Mupsy, how did you work out the Gender?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I find it's so very common for parents and their children to be estranged............... Anyone else have that problem.
Yup.

There's a deep social contract between a parent and a child. When a parent breaks that contract there is no going back. What you did stays for ever, you can gloss over it, try and pretend its all history, try and play it down but it's to no avail.

If you failed to support your child, made a bad choice, took a side in a family conflict instead of staying impartial/balanced, then what's done is done. Bed made. Lie in it.

You may be able to get to the point where they will see you and tolerate your presence on a kind of polite professional basis but TBH that's pretty rubbish.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 11:32 PM

I think there is a lot of genetic stuff going on, but, that may not be the end of it.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yup.

If you failed to support your child, made a bad choice, took a side in a family conflict instead of staying impartial/balanced, then what's done is done. Bed made. Lie in it.

You may be able to get to the point where they will see you and tolerate your presence on a kind of polite professional basis but TBH that's pretty rubbish.
What? I think this is a one sided opinion - your side I guess...............but it certainly doesn't apply universally! I can only assume you failed to support your child..............that doesn't doesn't apply to me......so DON'T assume that of me!!!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-11-2017, 11:42 PM

A Parent can put themselves aside, but, there should be no guarantees, as to the result, no one wants a mini-me, but, no one wants a stranger.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Mupsy, how did you work out the Gender?

Ooer, looking back, you are quite right Spitty.
My mistake.
Apologies Lindy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-11-2017, 11:43 PM

Or an estranger, for that matter.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 11:59 PM

I think you should write your child a letter Lindy.
See where it goes from there.

All my best wishes.x

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top