Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 04:34 PM

Gdpr

Internet users are being asked to agree to the Government Data Protection Regulations on forums etc, I guess we will be asked to comply on this forum too?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 05:14 PM

Re: Gdpr

That's interesting actually.

I've been getting pop-ups from all sorts of websites I haven't used in years. I don't read any of these reminders, I just click the 'x' box and they're gone.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 05:27 PM

I think it's great that we can finally get rid of the companies that bombard us with unnecessary emails. Am I correct in thinking if you ignore them, you are opting out or do they vary?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think it's great that we can finally get rid of the companies that bombard us with unnecessary emails. Am I correct in thinking if you ignore them, you are opting out or do they vary?
Dunno mate.
I guess I show read them tbh and unsubscribe but there are so many of them popping up and I can't be assed.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 06:09 PM

Some are saying to follow the link to unsubscribe ,some say , don't do anything and they will continue to send info , it's confusing . I'm just doing nothing and see what happens . One said to read all the information and if still not interested make contact and my name would be deleted
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Some are saying to follow the link to unsubscribe ,some say , don't do anything and they will continue to send info , it's confusing . I'm just doing nothing and see what happens . One said to read all the information and if still not interested make contact and my name would be deleted
You're right to do nothing.

They cannot now, legally, send you advertising mail if you don't tick the boxes to say that they can.

If I want something I'll search the web sites and chose the one who has what I want. I don't need endless spam to get there!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
You're right to do nothing.

They cannot now, legally, send you advertising mail if you don't tick the boxes to say that they can.

If I want something I'll search the web sites and chose the one who has what I want. I don't need endless spam to get there!
Thanks ted for clearing that up.

I have lost count of the times I have unsubscribed from Ebay & Homebase but they still return. Hopefully that will stop now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-05-2018, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Dunno mate.
I guess I show read them tbh and unsubscribe but there are so many of them popping up and I can't be assed.
That bloody Jedward fan club is the worse.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:15 PM

I've been noticing a lot more pop-ups lately; sometimes it's tricky to hit the x option.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:54 PM

What I am finding a lot lately is a pop up asking me to accept their cookies. Quite often the pop up is so big I cannot read much of what I am wanting to see. It will only disappear if I accept the cookies. Don't seem always to clear it and carry on without accepting cookies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top