Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 01:04 PM

hallowe'en

when we were young we had great fun dressing up at Halloween and it was safe to go round knocking on doors...but when my children were young...it was a bit different...you didn't know who they might meet when they were out at night...i used to dress up too and went out along with them...i just hope nobody recognized me anyone else dress up for halloween when they were older???
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 01:14 PM

Re: hallowe'en

I like to dress up, never had the chance when we were young. It's only since my youngest was little that we've taken Halloween seriously. When she was about 9 we turned our lounge into a cave by putting black material over everything & fake cobwebs, made a skull out of papiermache (a la Neil Buchannan) filled it with slime for lucky dip etc. Now she's doing Film & theatre make-up at college, it like Halloween all the time. She's come home with a "split lip", "black eye" and various other injuries, last week she was a vampire & a zombie! I'm getting immune to horror!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 01:49 PM

We used to love the dressing up thing when we were kids, it was a lot safer going around from house to house in those days, not to put a damper on it but I think it's a bit of a worry for some parents today, still we get a lot of local kids calling and the wife treats them all to her impression of Norman Bates, here she is rehearsing for this Halloween, she does make me laugh, she also does this when she's looking for a raise in her housekeeping.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 01:51 PM

What fun, you pair do have Jem - loverly
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 01:52 PM

Gosh that's really scary!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 01:54 PM

I'm never keen on Halloween, we teach our children not to speak to strangers then send them out begging door to door, mixed messages or what LOL

Anyway we keep it in the family, little ones are taken round the family for their sweeties and get to play jokes on some who are stingy with them.

Also we do a little party for the little ones and a bigger party for the bigger ones and those of us who don't like parties can wander off and do something else instead.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

28-10-2013, 01:58 PM

Nice day at college Dear........arrrrghh!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
when we were young we had great fun dressing up at Halloween and it was safe to go round knocking on doors...but when my children were young...it was a bit different...you didn't know who they might meet when they were out at night...i used to dress up too and went out along with them...i just hope nobody recognized me anyone else dress up for halloween when they were older???
I don't remember Halloween being paid much attention when I was child - bonfire night, yes but not Halloween. I took up the mantle with my children and threw Halloween Fancy Dress parties for them but no knocking on doors.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 03:43 PM

just not safe now to knock on doors...they have halloween parties at school now...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
just not safe now to knock on doors...they have halloween parties at school now...
Halloween parties are great fun and I think I might have enjoyed them as much as the kids

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top