Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 01:30 AM

An awful situation to be in.

I have a dear friend who lives in the Highlands of Scotland who has been poorly of late. I have tried to phone her, text her and e.mail her to see how she is, but have not been able to contact her.
Then I saw on the telly about the dreadful weather some of Scotland has had, but didn't know if this was the reason she wasn't answering, or whether perhaps, she was more ill.
Finally this evening, I managed to speak to her again. She told me she had been diagnosed with Pneumonia, but on top of that, about 120,000 people had no power because of the storms over that area. She had been without any power whatsoever for 54 hours before it was reconnected!!
Can you imagine that happening where you are? No central heating, no hot water, no way of heating your food or having a cup of tea, and continuing darkness. And all this along with having Pneumonia and living on her own.
Extremely relived to know she is safe and recovering now, but what a nightmare it must be to be in that sort of situation.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 01:35 AM

Re: An awful situation to be in.

I know it happens often in the USA as my ex boyfriend lives there and when I visited, trees were brought down due to the high winds and almost landed on his house, we were in darkness and there wasn't any street lighting! I've never experienced anything so scary!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 01:38 AM

Yes, it must be scary Honey. Apparently they had fearful gales, one of the Islands had 113 mph winds, can't imagine what that must be like, then the lightning started as well. Must indeed be scary.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 01:42 AM

I've never experienced such weather conditions in the UK ever. I know Scotland suffer terrible weather at times, I don't know how they cope, it's quite shocking!

Saying that, I've been in Blackpool when the winds have been so bad folk have been swept out to sea!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 01:43 AM

We are doomed lets face it.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

12-01-2015, 01:44 AM

speak for yourself!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
speak for yourself!
'We are all doomed' includes you. What you sumfing special? A looker?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-01-2015, 01:46 AM

speak for yourself!

Like it.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

12-01-2015, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
'We are all doomed' includes you. What you sumfing special? A looker?
well I'm streets ahead of you even on a bad day!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

12-01-2015, 02:05 AM

well I'm streets ahead of you even on a bad day!
In your dreams.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top