Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 07:17 AM

A winters Sunday

Good morning all OFFers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wbMqRO6lnc

Cold, no, it's blooming cold this morning, hands like stone feet like lead never been warm sin I left my bed, as the Five Penny Piece say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-j1pGx_yqQ

Mother natures creatures are ferreting around for food and not singing to loudly as they dash for shelter in the hedge.The ground is coloured white and feels cold to the feet, the air is showing the breath as a plume of smoke, yes, it is cold today, 1.8 degrees Brrrrr.

Plans for today are relaxing, relaxing, relaxing, we are both tired after a late night last night, well, should I say early morning, it was 4:00am when we got home from visiting friends last night and having one really great night. Only had a couple of hours sleep due to Eileen wanting fed, she was sat on the window ledge meowing like mad, yes, she still wont stay indoors at night but she is happy enough with her life.

Slaters Bridge Little Langdale

Is it to cold to get up Alan.

Have a wonderful day everyone and stay warm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Faf1ch7Q9XE
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 07:30 AM

Re: A winters Sunday

Taken on the island of Guernsey, one of my favourite places. B in L and his wife stayed overnight last night that's why I'm up late this morning. We were late (and slightly inebriated) in bed last night.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 07:53 AM

A very good morning Bob, Alan, and all who follow later..

Bright and cold here this morning but a decent forecast for the day. Our son is collecting his old black lab this morning, who we've looked after for the past week, and I think we will miss her as she's been quite a calming influence on our two dogs I've noticed ...

Nice photos chaps, I've got one of that bridge as a jigsaw AB, will have to do it again this winter..

Hope your hangover eases soon Alan, don't you just hate it when you're led astray...

Have a great day folks....

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 09:24 AM

Good morning fellow members a beautiful autumn morning here with a mist and clear blue sky.

I will be spending most of it in the garage giving Chloe a tidy up and a bath.

Enjoy your day everyone...
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 10:07 AM

Good Morning Antibrown, Alan, Barry and Meg. What beautiful photos. You both must have really good cameras.

Yes it is bloomin' cold this morning. I got up at 6.00 and put the heating on, fed Asti and put the drops in her eye and then I went off to do an hour's swim at our local pool, it was very nice but quite busy in the pool.

Good luck with Cloe's bath Meg, if it's anything like Asti she hates having baths.

Have a lovely day all of you fellow members.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Loch Awe

Good Morning All Lovely and sunny out this morning so far! Hope my heating gets sorted tomorrow though - I've had Scottish Gas engineers out about 6 times in a week! Just as well I'm insured thru' them! One was so cheeky though that when I called to get yet another visit to fix the same fault (red warning light keeps blinking) I told the operator that I did not want the engineer that had been already up at me 4 times since the previous Thursday - he said to me that he never wanted to see the inside of my house again, and it wasn't what he said that angered me, it was the way he said it! He hammered and banged so much that I thought he was going to come thru' the wall into the living room!! And, it still wasn't fixed!

The young engineer who came said he would have to return on Monday as he needed a part for the electric "box" or whatever he called it! Also tellig me I couldn't switch on the boiler! So it is a wee bit cold in here - just as well I don't feel the cold - my neighbour below me has her heating on and it comes up to me!!

Scottish Gas insurance as well leaves a lot to be desired. I was told I would need a new filter in the boiler and that it would cost me £289!! If I got it from the engineer (according to the engineer) I could get it for £249!! I thought my insurance covered it - but seems it doesn't! I didn't get my GCH from Scottish Gas, I got it from Scottish Parliament for free - EAGA installed it but they are now out of business!! That was another thing the cheeky engineer said to me - that I was fortunate to have gotten my heating system for free and also, if I had to pay for their visits it would be a lot more! What the blazes did he think I was paying each month for insurance from Scottish Gas for! Bleeding idiot!

Right rant over!

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Take care
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 11:01 AM

Good morning everyone a beautiful sunny day here but a chilly one at 5ºC.

No special plans for the day other than relaxing

Enjoy your day folks!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 04:14 PM

Good afternoon all, not a bad day here but it's cold and I lit the fire. Nice to know I'm not the only one who had a hangover this morning lads.
Some of them gas fella's are cheeky buggers Rosemary, same over here, don't let them annoy you.
Funny thing AB, I was thinking about Eileen this morning and picked out this cat photo, she would have liked it I'm sure.
Take it easy Folks.

"The Striking Cat" It's on picket-fence duty.
Terrible isn't it, It's worse I'm getting in me old age.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 04:31 PM

Good afternoon all.
Well it looks like everyone was bright and cheerful this morning We spent a lovely day in the garden, the sun has been shining tho' it was quite cold. Oh, and me poor feet were frozen (note to self, find your thick socks girl!)
Chatted with our young friend, who is tidying and cutting back in her dad's garden again - she enjoys a laugh - hubby was on the short end of our jokes today
Hope the rest of the day is good to everyone.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 07:05 PM

Any room for an old lady!yes tis me Annie, I am back, had a nice rest and will be back on the Forum again, bye for now Anniem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top