Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 08:03 AM

Relaxing Tuesday

Good morning everyone.

Plans for today, eat my pancakes and then relax, all sensiible people relax on Tuesdays to overcome the stress of Mondays.

Have a wonderful day everyone and if we all smile together then maybe the sun will smile on us.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 08:52 AM

Re: Relaxing Tuesday

Welcome to a glorious morning down here in the forest. Nothing much planned other than a visit to my mother after walking Fido for an hour.

Salmon, mash, broad beans and hollandaise sauce for lunch, yum yum...

Have a smashing day regardless of what you choose not to do..

Barry
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 10:18 AM

'morning AB and Plantman, and everyone.

Why did they choose 'Pancake Day' for 'International Womens Day' A Freudian slip up there if ever I saw one

Nevertheless, to all those lovely ladies out there, why don't you take the day off As they say in USA.........Enjoy
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 11:49 AM

I had a fun day yesterday starting with the old farts at McDonald's. I headed from there to Vernonia, OR on my Piaggio 250 BV scooter, much to the disbelief of my friends. It was dry & sunny so I risked the 70 mile round trip. You see, Vernonia is out of the valley at about 1500 ft above sea level so the climate is different there. I saw snow all along the road with none on the surface in front of me. It's a fun twisty highway that caused me to slow down to 50 mph to handle the curves.

I picked up 6 custom T-shirts from my favorite shop to bring back for my friends. I'll have my lion shirt on this morning as I give their shirts. There's quite a collection with Betty Boop, The Pillsbury Doughboy & two different lion shirts. I'm doing all of this at cost, not intending to make a profit off my friends. Byron, who owns the shop, pointed out that next time it would be cheaper to have them mailed to me for $4.95 rather than burn that in gasoline making the round trip.

Have a fun day all and keep moving so we can tell you're still alive. LOL

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 11:58 AM

Good Morning all, hope you are feeling well. It's another lovely Day here and the Wife is preparing the pancake mix for when the two Grandkids get in from school, she says it's best to let the mix stand for a few hours before making the pancakes, but I suppose everyone has their own little ways of making them. Enjoy the Day Folks.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 12:31 PM

It's another cold day here, but as I have to go to work I have to get my act together and go out. I'd much rather have a lazy day in front of the fire. lol.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 03:26 PM

Hello to everyone!

Visited our daughter this morning and took her to a Garden Centre to look at the shrubs for her garden. It's good to see all the young bedding plants appearing now ..... how I wish we had a greenhouse!

No pancakes for me today, much as I love them I am on a diet!

Happy pancake tossing to those who will be indulging!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Hello to everyone!

Visited our daughter this morning and took her to a Garden Centre to look at the shrubs for her garden. It's good to see all the young bedding plants appearing now ..... how I wish we had a greenhouse!

No pancakes for me today, much as I love them I am on a diet!

Happy pancake tossing to those who will be indulging!
I know what you mean. I'm on a low carb diet trying to straighten out my blood sugar.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
It's a fun twisty highway that caused me to slow down to 50 mph to handle the curves.

Byron, who owns the shop, pointed out that next time it would be cheaper to have them mailed to me for $4.95 rather than burn that in gasoline making the round trip.
You had to slow down to 50mph What speed do you normally cruise at Must be a good road, I doubt you could get up to 50mph on a Piaggio 250BV around here

BTW does Byron have a web site I might order one of those Tee shirts myself.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 05:38 PM

Hi all! Happy Shrove Tuesday; enjoy the pancakes, those who make them. Partly sunny here, 7 C (44 F); wish we'd get a really nice warm day so we could sit out on the porch: tired of being cooped up indoors! No news, all's quiet, hand feeling better.

Nice tee, Bob. Mags, you have will-power. I'd have had a pancake or two and skimped on something else.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top