Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 11:16 PM

A very brave boy.

Not sure if this should be in 'Pets'?

I have just read an article about a young lad of 9 years old who was the innocent victim of a hit & run accident involving a motorbike, a couple of years ago.
This poor kid was dragged along at speed, ending up with both legs badly broken and terrible internal injuries.
He was airlifted to hospital and they saved his life, but he still needs more operations because his legs now won't grow properly.
At Christmas he was given a posh scooter by his Mum & Dad, a special one to help build up his leg muscles.

One day when he was on his way home on his precious scooter from swimming lessons, he saw a large, very frightened dog on the roundabout, trying to dodge all the traffic.
This lad is an avid dog lover, and after he saw three near misses, inspite his fear of being run over again, he went into the traffic to help the dog. All the adults in cars just drove by.
He reached the dog and using his swimming bag as a make-shift lead, he tried to get the dog to safety, but the terrified dog was pulling him all over the place.

He couldn't manage the scooter and the dog as well, so he made a choice, and decided to ditch his beloved scooter.
He somehow got this dog back to his home, but when his family went back for his scooter, someone had pinched it!

A while later, a surprise was planned for this boy, and he was asked to help give prizes out at a presentation on stage. Little did he know at this point, that some lovely people called "Harvey's Army" had already bought him a brand new scooter and wanted to get him there to present it and make people aware of this lad's kindness and bravery.

When asked about his decision to leave his scooter to help the animal he replied - " Not a hard decision - the dog's life was more important than a scooter."
He apparently beamed from ear to ear though, when his new one was wheeled on to the stage for him.

What a lovely boy.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 11:25 PM

Re: A very brave boy.

He certainly is a very brave and kind hearted boy
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 12:30 AM

What a wonderful thing for a little boy to do. IŽm sure heŽll grow into a lovely young man.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 01:02 AM

A lovely story .
However what was he doing out alone i would not let my nine year old grandson out alone on a dangerous road and what was everyone else doing while a child was trying to rescue a dog on a busy highway?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:15 AM

What a brave young lad - and what a heart warming story. Thank you, Mups!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:27 AM

A heartwarming story indeed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:31 AM

A lovely story Mups I wonder if the dog's owner was found.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:33 AM

That is such a lovely story.
Don't you just wish that brave boy all the happiness in the world?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
A lovely story .
However what was he doing out alone i would not let my nine year old grandson out alone on a dangerous road and what was everyone else doing while a child was trying to rescue a dog on a busy highway?

The article said cars just kept going, no one stopped to help the lad.
Regarding him being out on his own, maybe the pool was right by his house dunno Muddy, just reporting the article.
There was a lovely photo of the boy with his own little dog.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-08-2016, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
A lovely story Mups I wonder if the dog's owner was found.

I wondered that too, Meg. It didn't say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top