Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 11:53 AM

Supermarkets

What gets to you about supermarkets?

Me, apart from people talking at the checkout and holding the queue, why do they have to change the shelves around?

You have to search for the things that you normally get and when you ask why they did it the reply is 'it encourages people to shop'.

I must admit they are right, it encourages me to say stuff this and shop somewhere else.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 12:25 PM

Re: Supermarkets

No problem at all. I shop online.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 12:58 PM

I have been banned (by my Wife) from all supermarkets in Britain but not in any other country.

My TROLLEY RAGE is very well known. Any young girl with either her tracksuit or pyjamas/housecoat are first in my sights. I purposely ram them or clip their heels if they try to run away.

As for people who take the whole clan with them, you know them, kid in a stupid plastic trolley, being pushed by another of the snotty brood probably called Paris or something equally stupid. then the mother of the two children pushing a trolley overflowing with Pizza frozen chips and toilet rolls, no Father in sight as not sure who the blokes were. Girls Mother with own trolley full of 2 for 1s Beer and wine and an Indian curry with frozen chip's.

ENOUGH, ENOUGH!

I must go and take some pills.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 02:11 PM

I dislike the way they make farmers take short-cuts, that have a negative impact on OUR health!!!!!!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 05:41 PM

Rearranging the shelves is my pet peeve; I'm a list shopper NOT an impulse buyer and it infuriates me having to hunt for an item regularly purchased!! I do most of my grocery shopping on line, but do pick up fruit, vegetables and meat myself; I'm far too picky to let someone else pick those out for me. And why, when they're going to discontinue carrying an item, don't they post a sign by it advising people so they can stock up on it while it's still available? Bah!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 05:48 PM

I don't do any shopping myself but the Wife is always moaning about them changing the stuff around the shelves, just when she was getting used to the last change.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 06:43 PM

Hello I am on my mobile-we have parked our trolleys as to block the isle and Tina is here-well the crisp flavours are................

Does that sound familiar?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 06:55 PM

Is it Gary Lineker in the crisps ads?.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Hello I am on my mobile-we have parked our trolleys as to block the isle and Tina is here-well the crisp flavours are................

Does that sound familiar?
Would be funny if it weren't annoyingly true!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 09:22 AM

I just hate supermarkets and seldom shop in them, except to buy a few things for Loki and am in and out as quickly as possible! I don't use the main check outs either - I use the cigarette counters, as a lot of others do - far quicker and the staff there always pack your bags for you!! No trolleys allowed though - I use a basket!

Another pet hate is someone with a trolley with a death wish battering around the place, knocking people about, or standing in the aisles chatting to another person with a trolley and I can't get to the shelves!!

Good post AB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top